
I just wanted to post a quick update. Thank you to the dear friends and family that were able to come and support John and I on Monday. The graveside was...well, someplace I'd rather not have been, but all in all it was lovely and went well. My dad said some nice things and then Grandpa Alcorn dedicated the grave. Nice and short. Oh, and Scharae announced to everyone that she was sneezing because she has allergies :)
We're surviving. I'm trying to do my best at lying low and recouping my strength and will this week while Grandma Alcorn is able to be here with the girls. I'm absolutely exhausted-and not sleeping well which I'm sure just adds to it. Grandma made sugar cookies with Keira yesterday while Scharae was at school. And today Keira is at school so Scharae gets to make sugar cookies. I remember making cookies with Grandma and I love that my girls are getting to do that, too!
For those of you that are local or who call on the phone...please don't be offended if I'm less than social right now. It takes a lot out of me, and I sort of have to "save up" my social graces for times when I know ahead of time that I will need them (like this weekend, going to visit John's family). I'm working on easing back into life and my "normal" activities.
So there's my update. We're hanging in here. I am finding that I'm not as weepy as I expected to be. But I'm definitely not a happy camper, either. But I'll take mediocre and non-weepy over crying for most the day...
We're surviving. I'm trying to do my best at lying low and recouping my strength and will this week while Grandma Alcorn is able to be here with the girls. I'm absolutely exhausted-and not sleeping well which I'm sure just adds to it. Grandma made sugar cookies with Keira yesterday while Scharae was at school. And today Keira is at school so Scharae gets to make sugar cookies. I remember making cookies with Grandma and I love that my girls are getting to do that, too!
For those of you that are local or who call on the phone...please don't be offended if I'm less than social right now. It takes a lot out of me, and I sort of have to "save up" my social graces for times when I know ahead of time that I will need them (like this weekend, going to visit John's family). I'm working on easing back into life and my "normal" activities.
So there's my update. We're hanging in here. I am finding that I'm not as weepy as I expected to be. But I'm definitely not a happy camper, either. But I'll take mediocre and non-weepy over crying for most the day...
Hey Tiff, I tried leaving a comment about a week ago but it wouldn't work for some reason hopefully this will.
ReplyDeleteI just want you to know how sorry I am that all of this is happening to you and your family. I can't imagine many things being harder than what you are experiencing. You are an amazingly strong woman and I hope you have felt peace through the Holy Ghost. I'm reading a really good book right now called, "In trying times just keep trying" by Merrilee Boyack
If you lived close I would bring it to you, let me know if you are coming near Bellingham, I think it would be a good for you and anyone to read.
You are in my prayers.
April
I'm glad we were able to make it down for the service. It was very nice. Your Dad did a great job on saying what should be said. He is a good man.
ReplyDeleteOut thoughts and prayers and love are with you and we look forward to sharing times with you in the future....Love
Hey Tiff, Wish I was closer, I am keeping you in my prayers. Glad Grandma was able to come stay with you for a few days so you can rest. Alsyha said it was a nice service. Please know we are thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I wasn't able to make it on Monday, you know I would have been there in a heart beat, but I'm glad Mom was. I've been thinking of you and was thinking of stopping by just to say hi sometime, but it sounds like it might be best to wait a little bit. I just want you to know that we are thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the graveside went well. I wish I was there to support you and your family. I can't imagine what you must be going through...you are in my prayers every night.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the service went well. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. (((Hugs)))
ReplyDelete