Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Today's news

And I'm here another day. My doctor just came in (or rather the doctor I will finally start seeing the end of June when I get to 28 weeks, and who will do my c-section if I get to 37 weeks) and I just love him. He's the one that was on the night my water broke with Taela and is just so soft spoken and reassuring and yet realistic too. He was a private practice doctor until less than 3 years ago and as such he tends to err on the side of caution and not hesitate to pass things off to the perinatologist-since he's used to being a one man show and having to know his limits. The other doctors mostly seem to try to do things/manage things themselves until they really can't.

He doesn't want me going home even with the light constant bleeding I'm having, let alone the couple gushes a day. If I didn't have an appointment tomorrow he would tell me that I'm here "indefinitely" but since I have that he's going to have me stay here another night and is leaving instructions to the doctor tomorrow to discharge me before 10am so I have time to go home, shower, get clean clothes and go up to my appointment. He said to take a bag to that appointment because it wouldn't surprise him if she readmitted me up there or sent me back to Salem with the instructions to come BACK here and be readmitted...or she might leave me at home for the next 2 weeks on bedrest and THEN readmit me. But bottom line he said is that he wants HER to call the shots and not have her getting secondary information from down here. And he doesn't want to let me out today only to have me bleed tonight before my appt-he'd rather have me bleed here and say NOPE, not getting out.


He stayed in here for like 25 minutes just chatting, telling me about his weekend, his kids-they were just tiny when I had Taela and had met him. We are both LDS but don't actually go to church together but know people in common. It was nice to have a doctor that remembered who I was and KNEW me and cared to chat about things other than "what's going on with you today?"


Today is also Keira's birthday. Everyone's going to come in this evening for a party here at the hospital...wonder if I could con someone into bringing me clothes so I don't have to still be in my gown for that!? We'll have cupcakes and I should-hopefully-finally get a piece of ice cream cake from Scharae's party on Sunday!

AND I get to take a shower...which makes me definitely not want to put on my icky gross already worn yoga pants and shirt afterward. But really? The hospital gown is getting old! It was fine when I was hooked up to half a dozen different wires and lines, but now that I just have my leg massagers on...I'm so done with it!

2 comments:

  1. Tif, thanks for the updates. I'm thinking and praying for you. It's great to have competent and also nice doctors. We loved the doctors at the hospital with Emily. It made a huge difference. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they get you out in time tomorrow, so you don't have to rush!


    Enjoy your family time tonight, and especially the cupcakes!

    Thinking about you often...

    ReplyDelete