As most of you are probably aware I've been at the hospital since Sunday, around noon. I started bleeding heavily and finally called John home from church to come and get me and take me to L&D.
And I'm still here. The bleeding slowed down dramatically but yesterday I did have a couple new gushes-nothing super long or heavy, but new bleeding nonetheless. I thought I was still going to get to come home today, but the doctor came in a little while ago. 3rd one I've seen this hospital visit
He told me he doesn't know for sure that my actual peri in Portland is aware of what's going on-the notes from Sunday just say "Perinatology in Portland was conferred with" so he is going to do his best to talk to my doctor directly today-if she's available. She should be. She works in-office on Tuesdays, so hopefully. I'll just feel better knowing that she is personally aware.
He said that while his colleague yesterday was confident in letting me go home today he doesn't like that idea. The fact that I gushed twice yesterday and just have a slow constant light bleed going on makes him nervous. He asked me how I felt going home and I told him that it just makes me nervous living here and not close to my own doctors (which is what sparked us to talk about if my doctor knew or not) and that while I realize there isn't a whole lot they can do at this point it makes me a bit leery to go home, inevitably bleed and sit there at home wondering if I bother coming back in or not. And in the mean time what if THAT is the big bleed and I'm at home and don't really know how big of one it is until it's too late. He completely agreed and assured me that it was NOT a worst-case-scenario in the sense of being unlikely, but rather that he felt it was the scenario that we should all be thinking/worrying about. That if I'm here at the hospital they'll do everything they can to prevent delivery-blood transfusions, Trendelenburg position, etc-whereas if I was at home and didn't get in to the hospital until a larger amount of blood is lost or a bigger bleed has happened they'd be more likely to miss that window and have to deliver too early.
I think I like this doctor. Which is good because it feels better having there be someone here in Salem that I "identify" with and now I have him and the one that was on last time when my water broke.
So plan now is to leave me in today and he said tomorrow morning to remind whomever is on (it won't be him) that I have an appointment all set up in Portland and maybe they'll let me out so I can make that appointment. He really would like to see what my cervix has done-it was so long 2 weeks ago but that length was likely over-exaggerated by swelling. But he doesn't trust any of the u/s techs at the hospital here to do an internal u/s in light of the bleeding-he wants me to have one done up there in Portland so he said if I sit right here where I'm at-light bleeding but no new gushes-tomorrow then maybe they'll let me out tomorrow afternoon or even Thursday AM so I can make my Thursday PM appointment.
So...there's my update, such as it is! Oh, and he asked me to use my discretion at taking another shower today. He'd prefer it if I chose to wait, stay down today except for the toilet, and then tomorrow take a shower....so I guess I get to be icky sticky today
And of course yesterday I thought I'd get to take a shower today so I didn't put my hair up in pigtails with a headband...which means today I feel greasy and gross. Nice.
And I'm still here. The bleeding slowed down dramatically but yesterday I did have a couple new gushes-nothing super long or heavy, but new bleeding nonetheless. I thought I was still going to get to come home today, but the doctor came in a little while ago. 3rd one I've seen this hospital visit
He told me he doesn't know for sure that my actual peri in Portland is aware of what's going on-the notes from Sunday just say "Perinatology in Portland was conferred with" so he is going to do his best to talk to my doctor directly today-if she's available. She should be. She works in-office on Tuesdays, so hopefully. I'll just feel better knowing that she is personally aware. He said that while his colleague yesterday was confident in letting me go home today he doesn't like that idea. The fact that I gushed twice yesterday and just have a slow constant light bleed going on makes him nervous. He asked me how I felt going home and I told him that it just makes me nervous living here and not close to my own doctors (which is what sparked us to talk about if my doctor knew or not) and that while I realize there isn't a whole lot they can do at this point it makes me a bit leery to go home, inevitably bleed and sit there at home wondering if I bother coming back in or not. And in the mean time what if THAT is the big bleed and I'm at home and don't really know how big of one it is until it's too late. He completely agreed and assured me that it was NOT a worst-case-scenario in the sense of being unlikely, but rather that he felt it was the scenario that we should all be thinking/worrying about. That if I'm here at the hospital they'll do everything they can to prevent delivery-blood transfusions, Trendelenburg position, etc-whereas if I was at home and didn't get in to the hospital until a larger amount of blood is lost or a bigger bleed has happened they'd be more likely to miss that window and have to deliver too early.
I think I like this doctor. Which is good because it feels better having there be someone here in Salem that I "identify" with and now I have him and the one that was on last time when my water broke.
So plan now is to leave me in today and he said tomorrow morning to remind whomever is on (it won't be him) that I have an appointment all set up in Portland and maybe they'll let me out so I can make that appointment. He really would like to see what my cervix has done-it was so long 2 weeks ago but that length was likely over-exaggerated by swelling. But he doesn't trust any of the u/s techs at the hospital here to do an internal u/s in light of the bleeding-he wants me to have one done up there in Portland so he said if I sit right here where I'm at-light bleeding but no new gushes-tomorrow then maybe they'll let me out tomorrow afternoon or even Thursday AM so I can make my Thursday PM appointment.
So...there's my update, such as it is! Oh, and he asked me to use my discretion at taking another shower today. He'd prefer it if I chose to wait, stay down today except for the toilet, and then tomorrow take a shower....so I guess I get to be icky sticky today
And of course yesterday I thought I'd get to take a shower today so I didn't put my hair up in pigtails with a headband...which means today I feel greasy and gross. Nice.
I'm glad you've found a doctor you're comfortable with.
ReplyDeleteHoping the bleeding will slow and/or stop soon and you can get to the peri appointment.
Holding you and the baby close in my thoughts and prayers!
That stinks, but I'm glad you were able to see a dr. you like. Are all the ones you've been seeing part of Kaizer, or just the oncall dr? I know how you feel about not being able to showers, after I had Akaila I didn't shower from Monday morning till Thursday. And I like to shower every day, so I felt so gross and nasty, and in the middle of the night Wed I realized I hadn't put on deoderant or brushed my teeth for 3 days. So I can at least empathize with wanting a shower! But I am thinking about you, you are amazing, let me know if there is anything I can do for you!
ReplyDelete