My water broke last night around 9pm while John was putting the girls down for bed. Baby is still looking fine-heart rate is fine, she's moving, etc. We're pretty much in a wait-and-see situation right now. Last night I was under the impression that I would be going home today and that being admitted was not an option until I got farther along (in 2 weeks or so).
This morning's doctor talked to Portland again and has decided to go ahead and put me on preventative antibiotics and to do another blood count tomorrow morning. Last night's showed slightly elevated white blood cells which may just be explained by pregnancy but he wants to watch them. If it gets to a point where I have an infection that is not responding to basic antibiotics they will actively pursue "termination" which basically means induce labor knowing full well that the baby isn't going to make it. So that is our worst case scenario at this point.
I have emailed my doctor in Portland partially to be sure she knows-last week it was 3 days before a doctor from here notified her directly, they just consulted with whomever was on call. But also to tell her that I am super uncomfortable going home and feel like the best course of care for me would be to keep me admitted...so we'll see what happens there.
I'm bleeding pretty heavily now, whereas Friday and Saturday it had sort of tapered down to a pretty light flow. This is another thing they are keeping an eye on-running labs to watch my red blood cells and all that jazz.
So...there is my update for now. John and I went through some pretty heart wrenching emotions last night. The doctor on call is a member of the Monmouth Stake and even though neither of them had oil with them and he couldn't hunt up any to consecrate, he said it was fine to give a Priesthood blessing without it and he helped John with that. Nothing of great note was said, but it was comforting, nonetheless. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and I'll try to keep updates coming.
This morning's doctor talked to Portland again and has decided to go ahead and put me on preventative antibiotics and to do another blood count tomorrow morning. Last night's showed slightly elevated white blood cells which may just be explained by pregnancy but he wants to watch them. If it gets to a point where I have an infection that is not responding to basic antibiotics they will actively pursue "termination" which basically means induce labor knowing full well that the baby isn't going to make it. So that is our worst case scenario at this point.
I have emailed my doctor in Portland partially to be sure she knows-last week it was 3 days before a doctor from here notified her directly, they just consulted with whomever was on call. But also to tell her that I am super uncomfortable going home and feel like the best course of care for me would be to keep me admitted...so we'll see what happens there.
I'm bleeding pretty heavily now, whereas Friday and Saturday it had sort of tapered down to a pretty light flow. This is another thing they are keeping an eye on-running labs to watch my red blood cells and all that jazz.
So...there is my update for now. John and I went through some pretty heart wrenching emotions last night. The doctor on call is a member of the Monmouth Stake and even though neither of them had oil with them and he couldn't hunt up any to consecrate, he said it was fine to give a Priesthood blessing without it and he helped John with that. Nothing of great note was said, but it was comforting, nonetheless. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and I'll try to keep updates coming.
((HUGS)) Keeping you in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteWe're thinking about and praying for you guys all the time. Love you.
ReplyDeleteTif, we will be praying for you, too.
ReplyDeleteOh, Tif I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I really appreciate all of your updates because I have been thinking about you a lot these past few days. I hope and pray that things go well for you. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteTif you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. you are an amazingly strong woman. thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteTif, I'm holding ALL of you close in my thoughts and prayers...
ReplyDelete((HUGS))