Saturday, May 8, 2010

Preschool art...what to do with it!?

With two kiddos in preschool I swear I could tile the floor with the art pages that come home. At least 3 nearly every day for each child! And then on top of that there is the easel paper that they draw masterful creations.

What am I supposed to do with it!? Especially when it has glitter and all kinds of stuff that is just going to fall off all over my house. Inevitably what happens is they have to save it for John to get home to see and then it needs to stick around the house in various places-no, it cannot stay on the fridge. That'd (what!? my spellchecker is telling me that'd is not a word...I'm pretty sure it is. And if it isn't it should be. It means "that would" in case you're wondering ;) make too much sense! So instead these wonderful masterpieces that showcase the girls' amazing talent kick around the house until I get frustrated with them all and toss them. In the garbage. Or the recycle-Keira's on a HUGE recycle kick. Never to be seen again.

And then today I remembered this awesome paper my mom made for a scrapbook page. She took a buttercup chain either JP or I had made and stuck it on the scanner with the paper behind it, the picture on it and voila-it was an awesome textured scrapbook background.

So I hooked up the scanner and:




I really like how they turned out! The top is Keira's (as noted by her name written up there) and the bottom one is Scharae's. I especially love Scharae's. I love that since the paper was a bit bigger than the scanner on both of these it sort of made hills and valleys and gives it a feeling of depth.

And yes, I did use these for a project. Not a scrapbook one...I don't scrapbook. But for a Mothers' Day one. Now my goal is to try and scan each of their pieces of art as they come home....then I can toss them without feeling guilty!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.... a mother's day project... now I am curious....

    Being from the generation before, the one without scanners, I will share a few ideas WE had.

    I heard, take a picture of them, then you have them permanent and put them in an album. Of course, then you did need to develop the film.

    Irene Lawson hung her children's artwork in her shop. It must have been inspiring as she now has her pottery studio there. She always did have a very artistic family.

    I've heard of having a frame, and changing them out.

    My sophisticated method was to keep a few of their favorites, or my favorites in a place where they would not get bent... under my bed. Each time we moved, I did go through them. I always wanted to frame a few. Yes, I still have them under my bed. Ok, so it wasn't sophisticated, lazy maybe. You also can buy big card board files at teaching supply stores for posters, and store them there.

    I really like the scanner idea! You could just keep them in a file together on your computer that way. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete