Monday, October 27, 2008

A year

It's been a year ago today since my water broke. Almost exactly a year ago we were getting the "there's no way your baby will even have a chance at resuscitation for at least 2 weeks" speech from the doom-and-gloom neonatologist that we requested to never speak to again at Providence. Glad we didn't listen to him. Today's not quite as rough as I expected it to be. Yet. We'll see as it goes on. And as tomorrow, and the next and the next goes.

K's pox aren't too bad. She's got a couple that are pretty big/bad. But she's a trooper. I've put a band-aid over the first one that showed up. It's also the largest and the first to have scabbed over. I think it's the itchiest. She took a baking soda bath yesterday and seemed to like that. She loves helping me put on the cortisone cream every 6ish hours. It seems like the cream and benadryl wear off at the perfect interval-she starts scratching and asking for them again right at the 6 hour mark! She's got the ritual down perfectly my little routine girl.

I found a huge piece of butcher paper in the garage and the girls are having a blast going at it with crayons and colored pencils. And SHARING it! That's amazing! I'll have to see if it's picture-worthy art when they're all done!

Looks like we'll be home-bound all week. I think she'll be over the pox before the end of the week but daycare requested I keep her home all week because one of the kids' moms is pregnant with twins and shouldn't be exposed to chicken pox. So whatever. Maybe by Thursday we'll be ready to go and do AC Gilbert or something. I'm thinking, since no new spots showed up today, she might be all scabbed by tomorrow, which means she's no longer contagious, which means by Thursday she's definitely not contagious!

Oh, and Natalie and Rachel, I was thinking about it, and she wasn't contagious until Wednesday, so I don't think I exposed your kiddos afterall since the last time they were around her was the previous friday, so I'm not a horrible friend afterall! Yay me!

2 comments:

  1. Glad that Kira's getting better. I am such a wimp when Reid gets sick. I have actually been thinking about you the last few days and wondering how you are doing this time of year. I'm glad to hear that things are not too bad. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about it. I figure it they get them fine, if not then they'll get them some other time. Besides Clark has a cold right now anyway, so he isn't feeling that great anyway, so I might not notice even if he did get them right now.
    I am glad to hear the Keira doesn't have them too bad, that is a good thing and hopefully Scharea won't break out too.
    I am glad to hear that you are having an ok day. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete