Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Painting!

The girls painted their pumpkins tonight. And can I just say...they have come such a long ways. 6 months ago, heck 3 months ago there's no way I would have been able to get them to get their hands all painted and gooey and yucky! Their sensory therapy and the Qigong massage stuff we've been doing with them has worked such wonders! I think Scharae might become an abstract artist. Her pumpkin doesn't look like much, but it seriously took her an hour to do. She was very methodical with every finger stroke, as opposed to Keira just slapping the paint on!



You can kind of see it here-my dad carves their names in the pumpkins when they're very small. As they grow it heals over and the girls just love them!




Scharae, hard at work-tongue out, as always.






Scharae kept wiping her hands on a wipe and insisting on it being washed out. She wouldn't use a new clean wipe, it had to be the SAME wipe, rinsed out each time. Here it is at the beginning of the pumpkin painting:


And at the end:


I wonder how many years we can go before they find out about pumpkin CARVING...I'm sort of a Halloween boob. I sort of do the minimum I can to give them the experience...it's not my favorite holiday and I do not look forward to the carving part of things with them! Scharae will EAT her entire pumpkin!

3 comments:

  1. paint is a good idea, and i love the name carved in it...way cool.

    also count us in for the birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scharae is cool - I do the tongue thing too. Only the coolest people I know do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when scotty and i were down there visiting we both noticed a difference in the girls. it seemed like they were more talkative with us then the last time we saw them. scharae even gave me a hug! i felt very special! oh by the way, i found your blog while i was blog stocking. :) great pumpkins! we're carving ours this evening. we'll see if scotty puts us all to shame again this year.

    ReplyDelete