Keira, on the other hand, rides the "very very big" bike. Hers is a lot like what they use in therapy rooms, preschools, that sort of thing. And actually probably came from a cataolog for schools. Brig did an awesome job mixing the paint hisself to match the handle grips. He spent a lot of time rebuilding it for her. He bought the grips and couldn't find "the perfect green" paint (her favorite color) so he improvised. He rattle canned it with green, silver and sparkle. In the dark. By flashlight. And turned out awesome. True Alcorn style if you ask me. The rattle can-dark-flashlight part!
Anyhow, our garage has been relinquished. I did much better than my mom ever did with hers-I parked my car in there for a year and a half before it moved on to bigger and better things! I could still park in there. We're toying with part of our bedtime routine starting with cleaning up the garage so I can pull the car in. Basically it's their playroom. We'll see how cold it gets this winter. The bikes are out there, the mat for the cars/trains are out there. The train tracks were, but we brought them in, but most the cars still are. The chalk is out there-no surface is safe from the chalk. My bike seat is beautifully decorated right now, in fact! We don't get any snow really, here in Salem, so I could very feasibly pull my car in every evening, and not have too big of a mess. Except for rain. We do get that. Hmmm...maybe not. But, if they're mainly riding bikes in there all winter, then rain's not a big deal to the bikes...hmmm...points to ponder...
On another note...it's 7:40am. And I just amazingly succeeded in being a mean mother and putting my children BACK to bed. How? Well, They've been sort of waking up since 6:15 and Scharae needed to go potty. All the blinds are drawn in the house, including the black out ones in their room. They have no clue it's getting light out. So I told them they could go potty. They went, and got back in bed. I turned their music back on. And now, 20 minutes later...I believe they're back asleep. Maybe until 8? Just enough time for a shower without them for once this week? Yippee!
And then it's off for a fun filled day to EZ Orchards with Natalie and Rachel! And yes, Natalie...I'm bringing my camera. I hope.
Very cool bikes girls!!! My friend had a little boy in April - and she named him Brigham - we all call him Brig. And yes, she's LDS too. :)
ReplyDeleteThe bikes look great! So cool!
ReplyDelete