Monday, October 13, 2008

Cabrio

Just wanted to say...I wish it were summer today.

Why? Because I'm driving Mom's VW Cabrio today. Maybe if I bundle Scharae in her hat, gloves, scarf and Butterfly Jacket it'll be almost warm enough to drop the top. Hmmm...maybe not. But maybe. She loves the windows down in the car. She'd have loved my Jeep. I'm feeling nostalgic. I miss my Jeep. Wish Jeremiah hadn't wanted to buy it. Maybe John would have let me keep it if it hadn't been so easy to sell. Probably not. I could have put baby seats in it. Tony at work puts his boys in his Jeep. Jack promised I can have another one. Some day. But that either means A) no more babies. B) no more babies until the girls are out of car seats so there's room for a baby seat between the seatless girls or C) no going anywhere as a family in it.

So here's my nostlagic pictures of the Jeep:

And this one's just for good measure-mine and J0hn's first snow. We took the Jeep up the logging roads on Baker. Good times. Pre kids. Oh wait. Keira was 1/2 way done I think.
See...Keira Loved the Jeep! She had shades and everything for our topless days! She cruised with the top down, in the front seat all the way down here to Salem with me one time! Only got minorly sunburnt!

4 comments:

  1. i say dont worry about her head. if it gets red, warm to the touch, and/or swollen then have it looked at but other than that, your dad did the same thing they probably would have dont in the hospital!

    amsterdam looks SO cool, i am way jealous. won day we are going to go there, the Meynders still have a lot of family there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want the kinda sling that you wear to the side and the kid sits on your hip? ya know what i am talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. like how this is my 3rd comment?

    are you serious about making a sling?? i would LOVE it!! Also, we are heading out of town Friday mid-dayish so if we were to go to the farm round 10 (thats when Lils wakes up from her nap) that would be perfect, i left a messege with Natalie...let me know what works for you. SO excited!

    oh and whatever on me being taller and smaller, i think were basically the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a mean wife and I'm making Ed sell his Jeep. I don't see why there are 2 adults in our house and yet we now have 4 vehicles total (Ed's truck, my SUV, the Jeep, and Ed's patrol car). I love the Jeep but there isn't any room for the three of us and the dogs. It's time for it to go!

    ReplyDelete