He gets there only to tell us why he was late:
Scharae fell out of the "Doodlemobile" (like a Gator, a thing like what they use on a golfcourse) going like 2mph on their driveway and gashed the back of her head open on a driveway rock.
No worries though, Tif....I stitched her up...with Super Glue

Yeah. Welcome home from Europe. I might not ever leave again. Ok, not true. I will, but here's my dilemma.
It's actually not such a ridiculous fix. They use superglue in the ER. Dad's pretty trained in first aid and I've gotten a look at the gash and it looks plenty clean, it's not oozing blood. Grandma said that in her mind he got it as clean with peroxide as the Dr. would have.
Picture putting super glue on a thrashing 2yo's head. Yeah. There's globs of super glue in her other hair. All over. Do I get it cut? Is there a solvent out there I can use to dissolve it?
And even bigger...it loos like a clean fix. It really does. I'll try and get a picture. It looks WAY better than stitches would! But should I still take her in?
I had called her doctor's after hours last night and since it was 3 hours after it happened and her pupils were fine, she hadn't thrown up, she was fine they weren't worried for concussion, they just were concerned for the cleanliness. They wanted me to take her in to the ER to have it looked at and I just wasn't willing to take her, at 11pm, when we wouldn't get home until after 6am and I'd been up since 9pm Monday night (with the time difference). So I decided not to subject her to the ER. But...should I have?

Seriously, though...SUPER GLUE??? Good grief, Dad.
And, the superglued head on Humpty Dumpty (Scharae):
Interesting . . . I hadn't heard of the super glue fix . . . it could work. I don't know if I would take her to the ER, but I think I would follow up with your family doctor to make sure it doesn't get infected.
ReplyDelete