Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Pox on You!

Chicken Pox. Keira has them.

So...Natalie, Rachel. I'm sorry. I've exposed your kids. But it's not the end of the world. It's really not. And yes, I'm one of those crazy psycho ladies that doesn't really agree with the vaccines. But this is one that I think she had. But maybe not. I can't remember. I signed a relgious exemption form for her for school which basically told them I don't give a crap that you're telling me she's not vaccinated. I'll figure it out when I want to figure it out. If she hadn't had them by middle school I was going to take care of it then...guess I don't need to worry about it now! They're only on the left side of her body. Maybe she had the shot on the right side, and it just never traveled to the left? I dunno.

Anyhow. Yeah. I trekked up to Puyallup for a cool mama meet-up and turned Jenn's play date into a Pox Party instead! But I think that was ok because I know at least 5/6 of us mama's there are pretty crunchy...mama #6 had a 1month old baby that I'm a little worried about, though...Sorry Cindy and Gabriel!

So that's our adventure. Keira's anxiously waiting for the chickens to come out of the eggs on her legs! hehe...gotta love what kids' brains think of!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm a writer at Stanford Medical School working on a story about vaccines. I did a blog search for "pox party" and came across your post. Would you be open to chatting about your thoughts about vaccines and about the impromptu pox party? I live in California so it would need to be over the phone, if you were interested. I am happy to provide you with more information about the story, if you want. I can be reached at jrabin@stanford.edu or 650-724-2459.
    Thanks for your consideration,
    Jonathan Rabinovitz

    ReplyDelete