Thursday, October 30, 2008

Inspired by Rachel!

Well, Rachel, after staring at all your yummy looking posts...here's one of my own!

I'm making cupcakes so that we don't have to share our Girl Scout cookie Blizzard Cake on Saturday with the kids. Well, and because cupcakes are really yummy. Especially Surprise! Cupcakes. If you've not had them before, you're missing out.


First, we have the batter. It's yummy. Not usually a fan of chocolate unless it's in like candy bars, truffles, etc. But homemade-from-scratch cake batter is the best!


Next is the mixer. It's pretty much the best thing ever. It does a great job. I attribute many things to it. Namely any bread I make. I can make cake/cookies, etc without it. But not bread. Nope. Not happening. So, thank you to mom and dad for brining this lovely into my life. It is looking a little nekkid here. I do happen to be anal when I cook/bake and I clean up as I do it. I already have all my dishes washed except the dishes that are still holding things. Sorry 'bout that.



Oh, oh...here we have what will be come "the surprise!" of our Surprise! Cupcakes! It's only like the greatest stuff ever. yummmm.....



And here is the bigger picture. It's only about 1/3 of the finished product. I'm anticipating the equivalent of 4 dozen of the large ones. Really I only wanted 2 dozen. But I figure I'm making them 2 days early. What are the odds of 2 dozen surviving 2 days? So I'm planning larger...but I thought my little cupcake pans are so cute, and I had to use them, too!

Oh, what's that up in the right corner you ask? See, the cupcake pans are mom's. Never used these floppy things before. Apparently you can't take them out until they're cool. She told me. I didn't believe her. Had to try it. Where's the bottom of that one? Well...I'll never tell....but it sure was tasty!

2 comments:

  1. those looks so good, tif. what is the suprise? or are you just keeping that your little secret?
    i love baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know the surprize too! They look yummy and I also love my kitchenaid for bread! Why would anyone knead with their hands?

    ReplyDelete