Heather tagged me forever ago. I remembered. I swear I did. I just forgot that I remembered until Jenny posted her tagged post..then I remembered to unforget that I remembered that I was tagged. Not that I ever forgot. Got it?
I have to list six interesting and/or unusual things about myself.
1. For the first time in my life I think I have more female friends than male. This is an accomplishment-anyone who's known me for more than 5 years would know that. But sadly most of my current friends are new ones. Although that's not really all that sad because ya'll are really aweseome and great. I think it says a lot about me learning and growing. The fact that I've learned how to open myself up and have learned how to let other women into my life. Growing up with all brothers, it just was so much easier to relate to the guys. And I carried that on through high school, college and on up. I still have to work at it...but I'm getting there!
2. I hate cooking. I love baking. But I hate cooking. And yes, there is a difference. A huge one.
3. I hate to stay at home. I'm a mover. I go crizazy at home. John and I are soooo opposite that way. Like this Friday. He's got the day off from work. It drives me crazy when he has Fridays off. Especially if I'm not working and he just wants us to be at home. Or if he wants the girls to not go to daycare but I'm working and he doesn't want to take them anywhere. The house gets turned upside down and he doesn't seem to notice! How can he not notice? So this Friday, the girls and I are carpooling with another mama from Vancouver up to a playdate in Tacoma. Just a quick day trip, while John stays at home. I think it's good for us. I get to be out and about, like I love, without going all the way to Holland, and he gets to stay home, sleep, read his library book about statistics (YUCK!) and play Wii.
4. I love Cucumbers. Just plain. Not dipped in anything, not cut up fancy. Not peeled. Just eaten like an apple. I could subsist on cucumbers. I think. Well, for a little while. That'd be a good diet. I should give it a whirl...
5. I hate sauces. Of almost any kind. I rarely try anything with sauce. I'm pretty set in my saucy ways.
6. I can pretty well get by in western Europe without a tour guide. I understand enough German, French, Dutch, Flemish and Italian to "get" what's going on around me, what signs are saying, and to figure out how to get from here to there. I've never yet, in many many trips over there, gotten lost on the train, tram, bus or metro systems...and yet I can get myself turned so backasswards in my own hometown it's not even funny.
Now I get to tag six people to list six things about themselves! I choose Meredith, Natalie, Laura, Rachel, Cyndi, Donna...that's a stretch. I don't really have 6 people that read my blog...hehe...
ok ill start working on that tag...
ReplyDeletewhere did you go to college and what did you do? how do you know all those languages?? that is a goal of mine, to be at least bi-lingual. definitely respect that!