Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is a big day. John even has the whole day off for it!

1)Scharae has her tonsils and adenoids removed. Don't ask me what time-I have no clue! And no, it's not because I'm scatterbrained or unorganized. It's because I haven't gotten the phone call telling me when. Here it is 2pm and I'm sort of stressing when that call will come....

2)It is 6 years since our first date. Notice I did not say "since we met". That's because we had met one time before in November at a Friday Night Activity up at the Institute. But he doesn't remember. Oh, he can tell you what I was wearing....because he's since seen pictures that someone had from that night. But he really doesn't remember ME. He remembers "someone" who kept getting his name during the game we were playing, but does not remember it as ME. But that's ok. If we had truly met then, even though it was a mere 5 months earlier, I doubt I'd have given him the time of day. I just wasn't "there" yet. Had a few more poor choices to make before I was ready for him I guess!


Now, you might think that John took the day off because of #1. Nope. In fact he was quite disappointed when I told him that was the surgery date. He took it off because this year is the first year since 2004 when all the dates have lined up the same. In other words, we met on Friday April 2, 2004. And this is the first time that April 2 has been on a Friday again. And it won't happen again until 2021 due to leap year. So he had big plans to go to Value Village-the site of our first date; a movie-the site of our second date, the next day; IHOP-where we had our first date alone; Olive Garden-where we had our second date alone and possibly even out to the coast-we went to the beach nearly every day of our courtship. All 10 days of it. We don't live as close anymore and can't actually visit the exact locations we went, but he was going to improvise.

Instead we'll take Scharae to get her tonsils out while Keira hangs at Nana's house-sounds like she'll be taking a jaunt to Portland with Nana and Yaya and a dog, too. She'll have fun. Probably more than us!

So that's tomorrow. A special day for me and John...and a regrettably special day for Scharae!

3 comments:

  1. Hope tomorrow goes well for Scharae! And maybe you and John can at least get some take out from Oliver Garden for the occation or something.
    PS Like the jacket...happy early Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sad for scharae and her surgery. but am happy for your special anniversary(it's so sweet of john and his mathness to be exicted for that day), and even more happy you've blogged so much lately ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness that sounds somewhat like a stressful day. Hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete