Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tonight

***Scharae chose Applebee's for dinner. It was delicious. She drank a ton of cranberry juice so her bladder should be nice and healthy! Oh, and she ate her dessert first-it was applesauce!

***Scharae chose some nasty color-filled Popsicles from Target. Scribbles, or something like that. They've got HFCS in them, but I'm tossing our avoidance out the window in lieu of having lots of things that she chose that she can eat after tonsils. I'm taking solace in the fact that they've got no artificial flavors or colors...especially the colors part.

***Scharae also chose some Go-Gurts from Target (can you tell we were there already and wanted to avoid going to yet another store for groceries???). These will likely go in the freezer as well.

***Scharae showed us the toys she and Keira are saving their monies for. The lucky ducks have a Nana and Papa who gave them some money for Easter so next week when S is feeling better they get to go shopping-but John and I needed to double check how much $$$ they were looking at spending!

***We came home and went to put the Popsicles in the freezer in the garage...only to find that it had very recently shut off and started melting!!!!! Luckily it was just a tripped breaker-plug in. You know, those kind that have a reset button on them? And only the ice cream was ruined. Which luckily for me means that if I really and truly need a sundae of some kind Jack really does have to go get me one from DQ. Because I sure am not going to settle for melted-and-refrozen ice cream!!!!

***Scharae colored on her easel. She's very into making colors with markers and makes me close my eyes every time she's about to combine two colors. She definitely knows how to make green, orange and purple. And brown and black and darker green and darker purple...etc.

***Keira and Scharae talked on the phone. Scharae is pretty lonely without her sister and doesn't quite know what to do with herself. Keira told her about helping Nana take pictures of the baby puppies with Easter eggs and bunny ears. Hopefully Nana got one of Keira with the bunny ears, too!

***Scharae tried to talk me into letting her not go to bed until Keira is home. Maybe like tomorrow? Sorry, kiddo!

***Scharae finally agreed to sleep in her room all by her lone as long as I would leave the door open 1/2 way. This is a never-before-happened thing in our house. John and I love the fact that we can watch TV, play Rockband, whatever we want, however loud we want in the room right next door to the girls because of how well they sleep-when they sleep-and how little they hear since they sleep with music on. Tonight is going to be a quiet night (hence the blogging!) because with her door open I doubt she'd even sleep through the TV!

***Scharae took yet another belly picture of me. I think this one is more flattering than John's was yesterday...mostly because I actually put "shower" on my "absolutely must do" list for the day today!



***I set the timer and had Scharae get in a picture with me...she's a little dazed and confused as to what's going on, though!


1 comment:

  1. so that coat is way cute, and you look so great. hope you guys had a magical time on your date!

    ReplyDelete