Thursday, April 22, 2010

Today's best friend:


Recognize this? If you have kids you probably do. This is Scharae's best friend. It's name is "nose sucker" and she gets giddy at the thought of using it. Seriously. She loves having this sucker up her nose doing it's thing! And right now...it's getting a work out. I've decided this week that she's in the throes of some pretty intense allergies. I noticed cotton blowing around Monday and it seemed to coincide with a sudden onset of icky nose and nose bleeds, chest congestion-but not like she's sick, just like she's got too much junk going on...

Cue the elephant!




This kid LOVES her nebulizer! I've never seen anything like it. She only just started being ok with the elephant face mask in the last year or so. Before that we just did blow-by and she literally ate up the "smoke" If you look in the second picture you can see her blowing "smoke" out the nose vents. She's a "dragonphant"!

Below are her medicine buttons. She has to hold them during her breathing treatments. They're really just the little rubber feet from the bottom of the neb, but to her, they're magic!



Up until this evening she was merely snotty and gross. And then just before dinner she was running around all crazy and went into a wheezing cough fit that she just couldn't pull out of...hence the nebulizer. If it keeps on tomorrow I'm going to add in some steroids to her meds so we can get a burst of lung-opening because I don't foresee the allergens abating around here any time soon! If only Singulair and Scharae got along-I think it would fix most of this!

2 comments:

  1. Poor thing! It must suck to have allergies so young, I hate them as an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Scharae...at least she likes her treatments.

    ReplyDelete