I'm back from my latest appointment...still a girl. Bed rest has done my cervix some good-it's longer than it has been yet, but it's also super super swollen and she thinks some of the length was actually swelling...but we'll take what we can get. She could actually see the bleed this time and pointed it out to me. My placenta is less than 1cm away from my cervix and the bleed is right at the very tip of the placenta and it has a straight shot through to my cervix. Got home and am bleeding pretty hard-but at least I know where it's coming from! So...I get to "keep up the good work" of bed rest. From here on out I can go to L&D instead of the ER if I need to and if my water were to break tomorrow and I wanted to be admitted to try and make it to 24 weeks then they would do so-which is better than what I hear about Kaiser in other places....but let's hope I don't even need to worry about it!
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Update on me and baby
Bed rest has done my cervix some good-it's longer than it has been yet, but it's also super super swollen and she thinks some of the length was actually swelling...but we'll take what we can get. She could actually see the bleed this time and pointed it out to me. My placenta is less than 1cm away from my cervix and the bleed is right at the very tip of the placenta and it has a straight shot through to my cervix. Got home and am bleeding pretty hard-but at least I know where it's coming from! So...I get to "keep up the good work" of bed rest. From here on out I can go to L&D instead of the ER if I need to and if my water were to break tomorrow and I wanted to be admitted to try and make it to 24 weeks then they would do so-which is better than what I hear about Kaiser in other places....but let's hope I don't even need to worry about it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad things are going ok at the moment! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteAll right, Tif, Hang in there! Your life is a bit crazy at the momemnt. I've been thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI'm SO glad to see this update!
ReplyDeleteYay for reaching the 20 week mark!
Still holding you and the little one close in my thoughts and prayers...