Yesterday (Friday) Scharae had her tonsils out. That went well. She's a good patient and doesn't puke, so she didn't even throw up the customary one time that the nurses were waiting for.
While we were there Mom took Keira to the pediatrician because she's been complaining about back pain for a whole week. Not constantly, but consistently. I hated not being there, but it was either that or wait 3 weeks which the nurse urged me not to do. So mom took her. She ended up having to take her to have x-rays done also because the doctor is concerned about her having a tethered spinal cord which from what I've read is closely related to spina bifida. Guess I didn't take enough folic acid when I was pregnant with her or something. Anyways, I haven't heard the results of the x-ray yet. Sounds like he'll want her to see a pediatric orthopedic surgeon about it.
So then we get home and find a "move it or get a ticket" notice on John's truck. Apparently, and we've lived here 3 years and never known this, our side of the stupid road is a no parking zone. Nice. So the other side gets all the "extra" parking. Whatever. He'll still park there, he'll just be sure and move it into the driveway during the day if he's home or else take it to the corner for the bus.
Get in the house and get Scharae settled. I went to the bathroom and discovered I was bleeding. Not just spotting. But really bleeding. John went to get Keira and I was going to head in to the ER when he got home-if you're less than 20 weeks you can't go to Labor & Delivery. Which is stupid. While he was getting Keira (from Yaya's house) I had more bleeding. It seemed to be coming in gushes, not constant.
Mom and Dad ended up coming into town so John could go with me. We spent 8 hours there and had a long ultrasound which showed baby alive and kicking-very reassuring-and as far as they could tell there was no blood collecting around the placenta-which I think indicates, to the best of their knowledge, that my placenta has not partially abrupted (pulled away). So I was sent home being told that it was unexplained bleeding and to follow up with my doctor on Monday.
So there ya have it...my drama filled Friday. But at least Scharae's surgery went well, and at least there is still a baby baking!
i'm happy you are okay, and that your day took a turn for the better, at least. i'm really sorry you guys are having so much stress right now. if there's anything i can do at all to help you out, let me know. the thing about keira is scary, but i hope you don't blame yourself for it. i know it would make it easier to know a "why", but that's really not a healthy way to think and will only add more stress. i love you all.
ReplyDeleteOMGOSH Tiffany, I am so worried about you. Please call me if you need me to come get the girls or bring Aliyah over and they can all play while you rest. I am so glad the baby is fine and please keep us updated with what the doctor says on Monday. Do you go to a Doctor in Portland?
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness! I'm glad that your baby is okay, I got worried there for a second. i am anxious/ nervous to hear the results of Kiera's tests. We will be praying for your family for sure!
ReplyDeleteQuite the Friday! Didn't even now about K issue...hope that turns out ok. Hope your bleeding has slowed or stopped by now, but as least you know the baby is doing well! I'll be back late Sunday night, so call me and let me know what you need next week. Guess all the Calder girls should just hang out together on the couch this weekend and watch conference and lots of movies!
ReplyDeleteTif, when it rains it pours, right? Glad the baby seems to be doing good-you've got a fighter! I hope you get a nap today!
ReplyDeleteWhat a horrid day!! So glad you and baby are doing okay now. I had some random heavy bleeding with Truman. It's so scary... but they had no good answers for me, either.
ReplyDeleteI thought I was having a bad day until I read this. I'm happy to hear that everyone is fine and healthy at your house. What a crazy/scary day.
ReplyDeleteApril