Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"If you were 23 weeks..."

I know many of you have already read this on facebook, but for those that haven't...

I had an appointment yesterday afternoon. My doctor told me that if I was 23 weeks or farther along she'd have me admitted ASAP. She can't cite a source for the bleeding that I've had for the last 10 days and that concerns her because of how consistent it's being. Good news is that my cervix was 3.7 today-it was 3.1 10 days ago at the ER and she thinks that me doing my best at bedrest has helped it lengthen up a bit, despite the cramping and bleeding. 3.7 is actually a really great number...so long as it stays there, which she's not crossing her fingers for.

She thinks that I have a placental abruption that is not being able to be seen on the u/s because she is pretty sure it's at the bottom of the placenta, which while it's not over top the cervix is hanging out directly above it (anterior placenta). She thinks that as it bleeds it comes on out and the blood isn't pooling somewhere before it comes out which is more common with an abruption up higher on the uterus. She's monitoring my blood count levels once a week to be sure I don't lose too much blood and I go back in 2 weeks unless things change before then. And if it's still going on at 23 weeks I win myself a trip to the antepartum wing of the hospital in Portland until delivery. She worries about infection in the placenta which is what happened last time-bleeding the 2 weeks before and then an infection developed which lead to my water breaking and me getting a raging fever 6 days later. She will want me up there so she can deliver at the drop of a hat at the first sign of fetal or maternal distress. Let's see...oh yeah. My blood pressure was 96/54...quite low. I've been super exhausted and dizzy/light headed so that would pretty well explain it! I'm on a migraine medicine that is actually a blood pressure med. My neurologist told me to keep an eye on the diastolic # that it doesn't drop below 60 for more than 2 visits in a row...so there's one tick against me. The last thing I need is an IUGR baby on top of everything, so I may very well be getting to add battling migraines to my list of pregnancy issues

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad that at least you have some answers, but sorry about the issues/bedrest. i'm thinking of you and praying for you. if you need anything that can be done from another state... well you know i'm here for you. loves.

    ReplyDelete