Sunday, August 1, 2010

The setup

Heather asked how I had my no-poo stuff. No way am I bringing a jug of vinegar or a box of baking soda in the shower with me! I know some people make a paste of the baking soda-they put 2T in a bowl and let a bit of water get in it while in the shower and then apply it when it's sort of thick. I like using a squirt bottle better. So that's what I do.


On the left is the vinegar/water with some tore up chocolate-mint leaves. I was hoping to have some cinnamon to go in it but I couldn't find any sticks at mom's house. The one on the right is the baking soda/water combo that goes on first.

All in all, it's working great! I'm hoping to slowly get to a point where not showering on day 2 is not meaning that I feel gross all day. Not there yet, but there very well may be my own personal routine/issues!

4 comments:

  1. You totally make me smile!!!! I took a break from crags list phoenix looking for appliances and enjoyed your adventure...if u clean with vinegar can u clean your hair and tub at the same time! Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for explaining! :) Very interesting. I tried it, but was doing more of a thick paste, and then a ACV/water rinse, and my hair was nasty afterwards. I think I should do like you did and make the baking soda mixture more watery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how is the 'no-poo' thing going? I tried tried this a few months ago, but the lady I heard about it from doesn't use ANYTHING on her hair. I made it for two weeks which, I will admit, worked. My hair wasn't grease, I just never felt clean. I'll look at your hair this week and maybe try it your way. I clean with vinegar and baking soda too, I have a lot of that. Talk about a way to simplify the year supply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! - thanks for reading my blog! I will definetly start reading your blog when I'm done this week!- thanks for commenting. I was so dissapointed I wasn't able to go to ALOT night- and I'm worried everyone thinks I'm inactive because we keep going out of town!!! I promise I'm not inactive! talk to you later-

    ReplyDelete