
Today the girls and I did the last of Keira's school supply shopping and then headed out for a day at the river! We were going to go to a park that we've been to a few times underneath the foot bridge over to Wallace Marine Park, but my dad suggested we drive up to the Wheatland Ferry and check things out there.
After a picnic lunch on the east side of the river we drove onto the tiny little ferry and rode it across. I was going to have us walk on, but I sort of got panicky thinking about the "what ifs" concerning two kids, one adult and water. What if one of them got hurt and we needed to make a fast getaway? Or even more likely-what if a meltdown ensued and the car was on the other side? So we rode across and parked next to the ferry. I relaxed reading a book on the iPod while they filled buckets with rocks and water and floated on their new floaties to their hearts' content!
3 hours later I realized that I should have used their sunscreen and not MY sunscreen (spf 4)...paying for it now!
This is what I have missed all summer. I worked full time until last week and I am hoping to pack as much of these relaxing, purely fun days into the next 2 weeks as possible! It truly reminds me how much I love being the mother to these sweet girls. When I'm working so much I can sometimes lose sight of that because our time together is so limited-and generally filled with the end-of-the-day meltdowns.
On another note, I think we might be finally getting away from the 5 hour baths! Not that Scharae wouldn't still take a long one, but I'm pretty sure they finally get the idea of a quick shower. Which is a good thing because school is starting soon and showers are going to need to be more frequent for a few little girls who tend to get pretty smelly when they play hard! Oh, and I found a great detangling spray that we tried out tonight (not the one you suggested, Kari-I didn't want to go to Winco and the other 3 stores that we went to today didn't have it!) and it made combing coarse curly hair so much easier after the shower!
And now, I proclaim myself all caught up on my blogging! :P
After a picnic lunch on the east side of the river we drove onto the tiny little ferry and rode it across. I was going to have us walk on, but I sort of got panicky thinking about the "what ifs" concerning two kids, one adult and water. What if one of them got hurt and we needed to make a fast getaway? Or even more likely-what if a meltdown ensued and the car was on the other side? So we rode across and parked next to the ferry. I relaxed reading a book on the iPod while they filled buckets with rocks and water and floated on their new floaties to their hearts' content!
3 hours later I realized that I should have used their sunscreen and not MY sunscreen (spf 4)...paying for it now!
This is what I have missed all summer. I worked full time until last week and I am hoping to pack as much of these relaxing, purely fun days into the next 2 weeks as possible! It truly reminds me how much I love being the mother to these sweet girls. When I'm working so much I can sometimes lose sight of that because our time together is so limited-and generally filled with the end-of-the-day meltdowns.
On another note, I think we might be finally getting away from the 5 hour baths! Not that Scharae wouldn't still take a long one, but I'm pretty sure they finally get the idea of a quick shower. Which is a good thing because school is starting soon and showers are going to need to be more frequent for a few little girls who tend to get pretty smelly when they play hard! Oh, and I found a great detangling spray that we tried out tonight (not the one you suggested, Kari-I didn't want to go to Winco and the other 3 stores that we went to today didn't have it!) and it made combing coarse curly hair so much easier after the shower!
And now, I proclaim myself all caught up on my blogging! :P
No comments:
Post a Comment