About 3 weeks ago K gave a talk in Primary about miracles and how our God is a God of miracles. Have you ever tried to explain that word, and the concept, to a 4- and 5-year old? We tried. And she gave her talk. And that was the last we talked about miracles.
Recently the girls have got into the "it wasn't me" phase, and it always seems to end with "an invisible ghost musta did it." Because, you know, there are visible ghosts out there, right? We've been talking a lot about telling the truth and how no ghosts-visible or otherwise-live in our world (that's how they phrase "they don't exist/aren't real").
Earlier this week they were eating something-toast with peanut butter maybe?-at the kitchen table. I walked in from putting something away and saw toast on the floor-goopy side down, of course-and I asked (in a totally fun and silly, not upset/mad voice) "who on earth did this!?"
Keira said "not me!"
Scharae? She had a bit more to say.
"It wasn't Keira, and it wasn't dad-he's at work. It wasn't you and it wasn't me! I think so this was a miracle, Mom!"
Precious! Miracles will probably need to be revisited in the future...I think somewhere along the lines she got the wrong definition in her mind! But it sure was cute!
Recently the girls have got into the "it wasn't me" phase, and it always seems to end with "an invisible ghost musta did it." Because, you know, there are visible ghosts out there, right? We've been talking a lot about telling the truth and how no ghosts-visible or otherwise-live in our world (that's how they phrase "they don't exist/aren't real").
Earlier this week they were eating something-toast with peanut butter maybe?-at the kitchen table. I walked in from putting something away and saw toast on the floor-goopy side down, of course-and I asked (in a totally fun and silly, not upset/mad voice) "who on earth did this!?"
Keira said "not me!"
Scharae? She had a bit more to say.
"It wasn't Keira, and it wasn't dad-he's at work. It wasn't you and it wasn't me! I think so this was a miracle, Mom!"
Precious! Miracles will probably need to be revisited in the future...I think somewhere along the lines she got the wrong definition in her mind! But it sure was cute!
If there was a like button, I'd click it... :)
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty cute! I love the quilt from Meridith, too. So, so thoughtful and perfect.
ReplyDeleteI love the things that girl comes up with. Super cute! And at least you know she was listening to you even if she didn't get it quite right.
ReplyDeletehaha that is so funny
ReplyDelete