Natural Ice Caves out of Goldendale, WA. (Scharae was touching her face to be sure she was smiling. You know, because sometimes her body doesn't know what it is that her mouth is doing.)
It's a looooong way down there!
The girls have a new-found love of "going on adventures" in the car when we're on road trips. We keep an atlas book of WA and one of OR in the car so that we can head off the beaten path and have some fun! I've sure been missing my Jeep as we travel through some of the forest service roads, though!
In July we went to some natural ice caves. It was amazing how drastically cold it got down there! And pitch black, too! Keira was pretty disappointed that we wouldn't take her back into the caves. It's now on her bucket list for when she's older...and when we have jackets and pants, let alone something other than flimsy little shoes!
In July we went to some natural ice caves. It was amazing how drastically cold it got down there! And pitch black, too! Keira was pretty disappointed that we wouldn't take her back into the caves. It's now on her bucket list for when she's older...and when we have jackets and pants, let alone something other than flimsy little shoes!
love that pic of keira all nervous, and john looks really young in that pic!
ReplyDeletei love adventures.... remember that one time we went right.
ReplyDeleteJust an FYI: "spelunking" has always been my favorite word. No really, when I saw that was your title I got all excited. It just sort of rolls off the tongue, no? Also, the actual activity is fun as well, so it's win-win really.
ReplyDeleteyou are so sweet. Thankyou for your comment, I loved it. thankyou for what you said about me and mike. Mike and I have had many ups and downs-and sometimes it has been hard to be happy. Is all I can say is thankyou, it feels good to hear something like that after hard times.
ReplyDeleteUh piss? I have no freakin idea?! I'm waiting for them to use it again- and the weird thing was- it wasn't even at mutual, it was in youngwomens at church!!
I'm so glad to know you don't think we're in active! ha- the other day mike and i were actually talking about how it'd be nice to get together with you guys, but everythign has been so busy! this weekend- we're going out of town- well I am- but EVENTUALLY some day we'd like to get together with you guys! it seems like we would get along well, and we have the whole tv thing in common- ha. and- we both sew, and I really want a sewing buddy. I dont' know if you're into that, but I really like to sew with people, and I had a sewing buddy before we moved, and I mentioned it at the quilt group- getting together to sew our own projects, and they all looked at me like I was crazy- ha. I tried to explain that we would still do humanitarian, but they didnt' seem to understand the concept of sewing for yourself too. I guess I'm just one CARAZY girl!