Friday, July 30, 2010

No-Pooing

Have you heard of it? No-poo is my new thing. Yes, Mom, it is another of my crazy crunchy ideas! Right up there with cloth diapers, not really buying cleaning products but instead using baking soda and vinegar for most things, making reuseable bags, and doing my best to avoid things like HFCS and food dyes-when in my own home.

No more shampoo for this chica. This morning was the debut and I love it! I used a baking soda/water mixture on my scalp for the 'shampoo' and then followed it with a white vinegar/water rinse, with a few drops of peppermint oil and Mexican Vanilla to spice it up! Since I'm so used to the smell of vinegar meaning my kitchen/bathroom is clean, I am really digging the gentle wafts of vinegar that I keep getting when I toss my hair!

I'll keep you posted on my adventures in no-pooing!!! ok, really about half my draw to it is being able to use that phrase :P

2 comments:

  1. Wow! My Grandma Dillon talked about using Vinegar to wash her hair as a child. I am not sure I am that adventurous! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've considered this. Do you have handy containers for these things in your bathroom for no-pooing? I think that's my thing. My b.s. is in a box and my vinegar is in a gallon jug. :)

    ReplyDelete