So I am still struggling with the picture layout on blogger. Hate it. I tried to put these in some sort of order but I don't think it worked. Sorry!
Tomorrow Scharae turns 6! I have been having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around that. I didn't seem to worry last year when Keira was turning 6 but I think it's because Scharae was still "little". It just seems like 6 is "older". Definitely no longer a toddler and 100% not a preschooler. She's completely schoolage now, no question about it.
Scharae is a precocious little girl. She loves to learn...on her terms. Luckily school=her terms. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well this school year has gone. I think I get to bare the brunt of her moodiness and emotions which I guess is how it should be. At least she is holding herself together at school.
She loves math and science. This kid can learn anything if it's put to music. She knows all 50 states-sang the song for the talent show, in fact. She knows the water cycle (precipitation, evaporation, condensation, etc) and the photosynthesis process because of little songs they've played at school. She loves having ag (agricultural science) at her school. Her kindergarten teacher is also the music teacher at the school so she is always using music in the classroom.
Scharae can be such a sweetheart. The things she says really can take me by surprise. She really takes in her entire world-while appearing to be completely oblivious to her surroundings-and then processes it for awhile before coming up with a sudden connection between things or observation. Last week she and I were at Target, birthday shopping for Keira. A friend of mine is pregnant and the day before Scharae and I were over there for a little while. She wanted to know when Beckie's baby would come out. I told her she was due in August but the baby could come the end of July. So then she asked me if Beckie is hoping the baby will be born big enough to stay alive. Breaks my heart that this is her reality, but she doesn't seem to even think twice about it just being a fact of life. I explained to her that most people would probably hope their babies will be born big enough to live. So then she talked about some twins in her class at school and how they were born so small and their mom and dad were worried they were going to die, but they were lucky because they didn't. I started trying to change the subject...didn't work. I am so glad I was "in a good place" because otherwise I probably would have been in tears right there in Target. She suddenly turned to me and told me our babies were lucky also. I asked her why and pointed out they didn't live, which was what she told me made the twins lucky. She told me very matter-of-factly they're lucky because they get to play with Grandma Couch (my mom's grandma) and sit on her lap and she knows Grandma Couch will play fun games with them...and then she told me we will have to buy 3 more Wii remotes so the babies can play Mario Kart with her and Keira after we're together in Heaven and we all come back to earth. I think she has some wires crossed there!
Sometimes her moments like that are very hard for me, but at other times I'm just in awe at how normal and natural her view and understanding of the Eternal perspective is!
It has been such an experience being Scharae's mom for the last 6 years, and I know that ride is just beginning!
| Hot off the press, 1 day old |
| 5/2007 |
| May 2007-already starting with the goofy faces in pictures! |
| Uncle Beau's wedding. 10/07-she has already discovered how long her tongue is! |
![]() |
| 3/08-Uncle Brig's wedding |
![]() |
| 5/08-Scharae is 2! |
| 7/08-Scharae the asthma elephant! |
| 9/08-New car seat and loving on the blankie! |
| 5/09-3rd birthday, again with the tongue! |
| 7/09-Showing off her crackers and sunglasses |
| 7/09-Still loves blankie and cuddling with mama in the sling |
| 9/09-Hamming it up with Keira! |
| 9/09-First day of preschool! |
| 5/10-Awesome 3000, her first race |
| 5/10-Scharae is 4! |
| 9/10-Another first day of preschool |
![]() |
| 3/11-Lovely with the daffodils |
| 5/11-Showing off her new trick. Now that she's 5 she can balance things! |
| 9/11-First day of Kindergarten! |
![]() |
| 4/12-Happy Easter! |
![]() |
| 8/10-Beautiful flower girl at Uncle Erik's wedding! |





happy birthday scharae!! you are most definitely the whole package, super sweet, beautiful and bursting with personality. your mom described you perfectly! we love you and hope you have a spedoriffic day celebrating being a big 6 year old!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet story. Happy birthday Scharae! I still have the cute picture of her and Emily when Scharae was a baby and Lily was 2, playing on the floor!
ReplyDeleteReading that brought tears to my eyes. I wasn't expecting to get so emotional, thank you for sharing such a sweet story. Happy Birthday to your little girl!
ReplyDeleteA