To end our long weekend without kids John and I defrosted the freezer in the garage and did a big grocery trip so we could get a month of crock pot meals chopped and assembled and frozen!
For a few pictures and the recipes, go here.
The girls are home now-they actually got home at about 4:30 this morning but my awesome dad took them to his house and didn't come wake us up to handle them! They skipped school because it was what was easiest...I come from a long line of parents who toe the convenience vs. school line!
We got home from loading all their stuff up from mom and dad's at about noon. They were in heaven. It was like they didn't remember all the 'stuff' they had! They played non-stop until 5:45 when I finally made them go through the house and clean up to do some reading/homework (which was actually last week's homework, it just hadn't been done yet). There wasn't a single bit of arguing...or asking for food. Yup. I don't know when the last time they ate was-it was before I got to my parents' to pick them up. They never asked for lunch and I sort of forgot about it. Needless to say they ate the ravioli alfredo and strawberry/spinach salad really well at dinner!
We have two whole days home and then on Friday afternoon we will load up and head south to a wedding in California! Like I said...convenience vs. school...convenience seems to always win out for me. I guess if they weren't good students and happy learners I'd have to take a different approach.
No comments:
Post a Comment