Yesterday was a long day. I woke up in a weird fog which made it hard to concentrate on anything and kept me feeling like I needed to lie down and sleep. This didn't lift until about 12:30 but I managed to push through while at work. Then I did a few things to get ready for the girls to leave for five days (more about that in another post). Hurried back out to Silverton to go lead a meeting at the school to kick off the auction. I'm booster club president and it's a blast. Totally. Mmm-hmmm. Then back to the parents to grill a fresh salmon fillet. Some people who have two of Mom's Labradoodles up in Westport sent it fresh from the docks! It took me an hour or better to get the grill lit (knowing the hot rod, or whatever the ignition is called, was out would have been helpful!) and then what said should take 20 minutes to cook was more like 45. But it was well worth the wait. The girls played in the hot tub after eating their appetizer if cheese soufflé and quinoa salad (my new obsession). Then they ate most my salmon after both telling me they just would have a taste. I showered them there and got them in Jammie's and we headed home. I was exhausted. And still hadn't started packing for their trip. Long night ahead of me.
Do you ever feel like you can't focus or concentrate in a room that's a mess? I get like that. And our bedroom has been that room for the last two months or so. I've got every other room under control but the husband's wires and piles of clothes have a life of their own in our bedroom. And the thought of trying to go through the girls' clothes to pack in our bedroom was giving me the willies. But I walked in to get started while leaving John to the bedtime routine-by this time it was after 8 and their "late" bedtime is 7:30 with 6:30 as a more typical time.
I walked in the bedroom and literally burst into tears. Spotless. Right down to dusting the dressers. Vacuumed. Bed made. Amazing. I needed that. Not just the clean room but the special token of love and appreciation it was for me. He got home two hours earlier than planned and instead of coming out for salmon like he wanted he took over 90 minutes to deep clean the space that was making me not want to be on our own home! And then at 10 when I climbed into bed there was a love note like he used to always write me. Not the cheesey ones he usually does, but a deep and heartfelt one.
What a loved and special woman he can make me feel like!

okay, this had me tear up. he really is a great guy!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! I'm glad that he still does things for you that bring happy tears. That's when you know you got a good one.
ReplyDeleteTif.. your post today made me cry. How special to be shown and told how loved and cherished you are. And now awesome to have a man who knows your love language! He's a keeper. :0)
ReplyDelete