Tonight we dropped the girls at the school for some fun while we got to have a date night. The wife of one of the teachers is a gymnastics coach and they had all her equipment set up for an obstacle course and did some tumbling and played with the parachute and the scooters. They had pizza (which Scharae claims she will never eat again because the tomato sauce gives her an ouchy rash on her lips) and apples and juice and did some crafts and watched Toy Story 3. Lots of fun to be had with their favorite teachers! I love that the 3/4 and 5/6 teachers already know my girls by name and have a personal relationship with them. Yet another reason we love Bethany!
John and I went and played pool at a scuzzy tavern in Silverton (thank heavens for the Clean Air Act. Smoky bar scenes are so 10 years ago for this mama!) and ate some cheap bar food and pretended we belonged there with our "Jack 'n' Coke" minus the Jack and Virgin Bloody Mary. I had no clue he was a Bloody Mary kind of guy! This was the first time he and I had played pool together. And actually the first time I've played sober in about 10 years. I think I played a better game back in the day...but John says that was probably my "beer goggles" on. Ha!
Afterward we walked up the block to the Palace Theatre where Stu, the town Mayor who enjoys cross dressing, greeted us before our viewing of Jack and Jill. VERY funny movie. We don't typically go see comedies at the theatre but some friends who had also left their kids at the school invited us to meet up there so we went ahead.
It was a great evening. The girls were up three hours after their bedtime after a week of not feeling well and were very ready for bed.





now i get it! that's so awesome that the school does a parent's night out! the boys and girls club does it every once and awhile here, but i don't like the idea of leaving the kids with people i've never met. i'd much rather it be teachers
ReplyDelete