I went up to Portland for a last minute appointment this morning. My cramping got better by Wednesday, but I started having new red blood whenever I'd get up to go to the lavatory (that's what Keira insists we call the bathroom these days!) or shower. Not an alarming amount by any means, but this morning I decided to call since we're coming in to the weekend, just to reassure myself-and John.
Got a call back at 9 asking me to be there for their only open appointment...at 10. It takes nearly an hour to get there and I hadn't even gotten out of bed, brushed my teeth, let alone showered yet! John was home with Scharae because she got sick overnight and he needed to be around to pick Keira up from Kindergarten, so I drove myself up.
The ultrasound tech told me that she's almost positive it's a boy I've got growing inside me! She wouldn't print out the money shots because it's still so early, but she showed them to me and they definitely looked ALL BOY, and nothing like what the 4 girls have looked like!
I had to stop for the lavatory (hehe) on the way home so I pulled in to a Target and did a bit of quick shopping-I hadn't told John yet! The above pictures show what I got him. Not much, just in case it's wrong, but for now we're super excited for a boy!!!! John is so proud of himself!
As for the bleeding, it's definitely not coming from my uterus, which rules out an abruption like I had with Aiyana. My cervix is a little bit shorter than it was 3 weeks ago and on Monday, but not enough to freak out about-it's still plenty long, although it still is certainly very soft, which is what is causing the problem. Apparently when I get up the pressure pushing down makes my cervix tug against the stitch. And since the tissue is so soft that is causing the bleeding. Typically by Day 5 post-op there should be no new blood.
The fix? Yeah. You guessed it. Stay down. So I'll stay down and then if it seems to be better I can try increasing my activity a bit like we had already planned...but for now, down I stay!
Alright, Tif, I guess that means you're staying at your mom and dad's! Take it easy. I know it's got to be so hard to stay down all the time, but you can do it!
ReplyDeleteAlrighty- so that must mean you are still at your parents. Oh Tiff I am so sorry! This is so awful! But I'm so glad you have your parents to take care of- it would be awful to have a bunch of strangers from church come over every day to do things for you. It must be so hard to lay around all day- can you sit up? or do you have to be lying down? maybe you could get john to build some type of table to go over the bed and you coudl sew in bed. I don't know- brainstorming. take care- and we're all thinking of you-
ReplyDeletei'm so happy you've got a little man in there! it's going to be great for nana and papa to have all those grandsons so close in age! i'm excited to hear the name you guys come up with, too!!
ReplyDeleteOH YEAH! Hahah- congratulations on having a boy! That's so exciting! and so different for your fam!
ReplyDeleteLet everyone do everything for you! Stay down and know that we love you!
ReplyDeleteHe looks adorable! I love his cute little profile pic. And he's going to be a lady killer in that suit!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya.... and we'll see you soon-ish.