I survived! I had a breakdown in the OR while getting the spinal. I never had one before and everyone was great but for some reason sitting on the bed in the OR waiting for the spinal just freaked me out. I was seriously ready to call it off and run out of there. I'm not a panicky or anxious person by nature, but it was bad. Then they had a bit of trouble getting it in the right spot and kept hitting bone and it just freaked me out and I was all crying and shaking. It was nuts.
Then the actual procedure...imagine sitting up and then tipping back onto your back but your legs are still in a 90 degree angle, feet hanging from hooks. For an hour. UGH. But l survived. My doctor did a Shridokar (sp?) cerclage which took about twice the time she had scheduled. She did this because while my cervix was still long and closed, she said it was super soft, definitely softer than two weeks ago and it should be nice and firm at 14 weeks. This method of cerclage runs under 1/2 the thickness of the cervix all the way around instead of coming in and out all the way around. I guess it doesn't depend on the integrity of the cervix as much as the typical McDonald method.
Unfortunately it involved a lot more pushing, pulling and a clamp that was tugging on the cervix. I am cramping so badly. Two Percocet hasn't touched it. My legs are almost all the way un numb but my butt and crotch are numb as can be. The nurse just cathed over 1000ml of urine out of me and I'm hoping that'll relieve a lot if the cramping! if not then I'll be staying overnight for observation...
Oh my! none of that sounds like any fun. I am praying that it works. Hang in there Tiff. You are one of the strongest women I know. You are in my thoughts daily.
ReplyDeleteOh Tif, I'll pray you can get some sleep! If you need a distraction feel free to call. I can talk about pretty much nothing for a long time, as I know you know :-)
ReplyDeletei'm sorry it was scary for you and that you are having to hang out there extra long. i hope that cramping is temporary and that everything is peachy for you soon. call me when you are back home and things are settled down. love you. me.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you peed. Oh my gosh- i'm so sorry about the Epidural, I forgot about that part. I'm so sorry it was traumatic. I don't understand why they can't gas us like the pinoeer days- put us out- then do the annoying epidrual and needle stuff- wake up a little later- and the anxiety is over. I'm so sorry. Thankgoodness it's done, you don't have to think about it anymore. Cramping... uhh. Are you allowed to put a heating pad on your pelvic area? That relieves my period cramps. WIsh I could do somethign to help.
ReplyDeleteO My gosh! I KNOW exactly what you are talking about with the epidural. That was the WORST part of ALL of my labors plus a spinal tap that I have had. They kept missing with mine as well, and telling me to "relax". RELAX??? Sure, I will relax, once you get the needle out of my vertebrae adn spinal cord! I have to say, that after that, Epidural was Fabulous - AFTER! I am so glad you made it through that part, now on to the other parts. You are an extremely brave person, and I admire your strength. It will pay off - keep your eye on the prize! One step closer...I am pulling for you!
ReplyDelete