I had yet another appointment at my trusty dermatologist's office in Portland. This is my "before" picture. I know it's a bad picture. It's my left ring finger. I've had a big ugly wart there for about five years. After nearly 6 months of treating it there has been absolutely no response. It's been frozen, painted with some sort of blistering agent and injected with a yeast derivative to try and spark an immune response. Nada. Last month I asked if I could just have it cut out. I'm just done with it. A nail disease specialist that is at OHSU once a month just happened to be in the office that day and was willing to consult on it. She suggested splitting the nail and cutting it out and hyphercating (cauterizing) it, as well as sending a biopsy of it out for pathology...possible skin cancer. Again. So that's what I spent my morning doing.
So this is after. It's wrapped up all huge and down around my wrist to anchor it. And it hurts. A lot. I watched the whole thing which Dr. Hopkins couldn't quit commenting on. He said he has no problem doing such procedures but could never watch it being done on his own body. I find it all kinds of intriguing, though! But it doesn't change the fact that it hurts! About 1/4-1/3 of the nail was removed and a fair chunk of tissue beneath. I should have the pathology results in about a week.



Wow..that almost looks/sounds like fun...not. What up with you and chunks of skin leaving you lately?! Hoping this report comes back clean too, but heals faster then the last one.
ReplyDeleteTif, I'm sorry but that picture of your finger is really funny. It's just such a huge wrap for your finger. HOWEVER- the rest of it is NOT funny. was this an emergecny removal? or did you just nto mention this apt to me? I'm so sorry Tiff. I'll be praying for your results to be good. I hope they're good. Read your comments on my blog late last night- and got your message later this evening! I did a mad cleaning session today with the music up so I didn't hear your call- I hope I don't move out of the ward- but so far most of the houses are outside the boundaries- it makes me really sad! The house you looked at- I'm so glad you drove by- I didn't realize that about teh neighbor- hm.... what do you think? I need to drive by it at night. thanks for telling me that- is there anything I can do for you right now? I feel so bad for you.
ReplyDeleteLucky! They wouldn't let me watch my finger surgery. Something about possible sneezes or coughs, infectious diseases crap. They wouldn't even let me take my tumor home. Mine was a Necrobiotic tumor. Sound way worse than it really is apparently. A lot of people with rheumatoid arthritis get them, but that doesn't mean I have RA. Good luck with your healing, it's a huge inconvenience to be missing a finger.
ReplyDelete