This is a preemie sized one...albeit a large preemie. I think it's for like a 5-7lb baby, which is about the range my girls were at, so I figure it'll fit little man eventually, right?

This is a Newborn one apparently...and for once my gauge actually lined up perfectly with the listed gauge! I left the ears off on this one, partially because I was bored of assembling them but also because I think it looks more owlish w/o the ears. Like a baby owl or something! It reminds me of the owls in that Legends of the Guardian: The Owls of Ga'hoole movie.

And this is one that Crystal sent me yarn for. It's a 6-12m size...and I'm so worried it'll be too big! It measures right on, but it just looks so good. But I LOVE the colors!

The ones I made for me don't have buttons in the eyes yet. I didn't think I REALLY needed them...until I look at them next to my Crystal's WITH buttons. Mine look so...vacant or something! Kind of reminds me of some old pictures of Scharae:
Wow. That was more pictures than I intended. And I hate the new picture uploader thing and how it sticks my pictures where it wants. Sorry if they're all scattered all over! Basically...the owl hat with no buttons in the eyes reminds me of all our early pictures of Scharae-huge eyes and semi-blank stare!





Tif! I LOVE them. I want one to wear. You are very talented.
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!! i'm so excited for it! another seller on etsy has basically the same hat but with sleepy eyes and those ones are super cute. i really like the boy one where there's color in the eye other than just white. too bad the pattern didn't have adult size directions. i'd totally be samies with ellie!
ReplyDeleteCrystal, I already promised Scharae that I was going to make her an owl hat. I think I can figure out how to make it that much bigger-her head is only 4 inches bigger around than Ellie's! And if I can do that, I'm sure I can figure out an adult one. I just measured my head and I'm only 22 inches! But I need to be sure it's deep enough for my head. I'll have to go look for the sleepy eyes one-maybe I can adapt these eyes to be sleepy!
ReplyDeleteThat Cabbage Patch kid cracked me up. :)
ReplyDelete