Got a great picture of baby boy Calder today! He wouldn't give a profile shot at all so we had to settle for this one! (that's a leg off to the left and the shadow of one going off to the right...basically you're looking up from underneath his bottom between his legs, for those of you who are ultrasoundily challenged *coughmomanddadcough*)
My doctor thinks I have a bladder infection, even though the initial STAT UA results came back clean. I'm just having bad cramping and cramping/contracting 3-5 minutes apart pretty much all the time. We talked about her calling in antibiotics just in case it hasn't shown up yet.
My cervix is softer than it was 10 days ago and she really feels like the only thing "holding it together" is the stitch she put in and told me she's really glad we got it in when we did. It measures 4.2cm on the ultrasound, 3.8 with a contraction, which is longer than it was 10 days ago and she's sure that it's because of the bed rest. But when she did an exam she said it actually feels to be more like 3cm/2.5cm (with a contraction) and she told me that the ultrasound lengths are always "trumped up a bit" because the tech is essentially eyeballing where the internal and external openings are. So it's actually quite a bit shorter than it felt when she put the stitch in. There's only about 1.2cm above the stitch instead of the 2cm there used to be so she's concerned about it shortening from the top up, although there's length below it still, but she really doesn't like the idea of it getting to the point where baby is literally directly on top of the stitch.
I had my first progesterone injection. After having had the steroid shots before, the progesterone ones are cake!
My cervix is softer than it was 10 days ago and she really feels like the only thing "holding it together" is the stitch she put in and told me she's really glad we got it in when we did. It measures 4.2cm on the ultrasound, 3.8 with a contraction, which is longer than it was 10 days ago and she's sure that it's because of the bed rest. But when she did an exam she said it actually feels to be more like 3cm/2.5cm (with a contraction) and she told me that the ultrasound lengths are always "trumped up a bit" because the tech is essentially eyeballing where the internal and external openings are. So it's actually quite a bit shorter than it felt when she put the stitch in. There's only about 1.2cm above the stitch instead of the 2cm there used to be so she's concerned about it shortening from the top up, although there's length below it still, but she really doesn't like the idea of it getting to the point where baby is literally directly on top of the stitch.
I had my first progesterone injection. After having had the steroid shots before, the progesterone ones are cake!
Oh, and I've recently been told that my blog is quite graphic...sorry. You've been warned!

I like the description that you give, it keeps us updated and helps us understand what is going on. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteAnnette
Tif, I like the updates, but I'm not quite sure what it all means! I'm assuming just lots of bedrest.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Tiffany! I'm so laughing at the ultrasound challenged comment :)
ReplyDeletewhat a big BOY. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited.... hopeful.... & nervous!! Thanks so much for the updates. It's good to read about whats going on. Keep them coming. Take it easy. I'll have to come and visit you in April/May.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Update! I have been meaning to call you for the last couple of days to check in, but you know how days go and I figured you would appreciate calls/text at 11pm. :) So I am glad you posted an update...keep them coming. Keep up with the bed rest and I hope the progestron helps too.
ReplyDeleteHang in there!
Graphic? Hey I love this stuff! I wonder who that was? ;) I better not have that pinned on me! I love the detailed updates and have nothing better than to know exactly what you are referring to! Rest up while you can, and while you must - baby boys like to keep you on your toes, so you will need to conserve for when he arrives! I am very glad all is progressing well. You just need a bell for service now - how 'bout a poochi bell? I will keep you in my thoughts!
ReplyDelete