Thursday, June 25, 2009

Soup Soiree


A new cookbook
is always a grand item to have! My new cookbook is a freezer food cookbook. It's great because it has instructions for eating it now, freezing it for later, and thawing and preparing later. So I bought the cookbook on Monday afternoon and after perusing it that evening I went out and bought a bunch of stuff so I could make some soup....I still have 3 or 4 more to go, but here's a sampling of my soups (the recipes are linked-click on the name of the soup!):




John sampling Best Chili




It's a blended soup...and I wish I'd had my camera when John sampled it. For some reason, even though everything I was making was soup he didn't know what it was he was sampling. He about sprayed it all over me when he took a bite and responded with a disgusted "WHAT IS THAT!?" I was a bit hurt...until I told him it was soup and a lightbulb went on. He thought he was taking a bite of a smoothie of some kind! Once his mind knew it was a soup he said it tasted good, though.

Simply Spinach...we had this one for dinner tonight and it was hands down the best soup I've had in a long time-second only to the turkey noodle I had at Bob's Red Mill on Thursday!

The final product for the freezer. Oh, and a shot of the cookbook, too.

1 comment:

  1. The soups look SO yummy!

    This book is definitely on my list of things to pick up today, now!

    Thank you!

    Plus, I have a new blog to follow ;)

    ReplyDelete