My mom gave me the recipe to these wonderful muffins! I made them on Thursday morning bright and early after my 2:30am work out. They turned out lovely. A great hit with the kids and the husband (and me!!!). I added some extra goodness to them-I used some wheat flour, added wheat grass powder, flax seed and psyllium husks to make them a fibre-packed but very yummy snack or breakfast! The girls love the little mini-muffins that I used while John and I enjoy the normal-sized ones.
And then this evening, while John went to his Bridge Club, I got the itch to cook some more (where is this crazy urge coming from!?) so I looked through my freezer book and found this recipe for peanut butter cookies. I tweaked it a bit to be what I wanted it to be-I added chocolate chips and oatmeal (freshly rolled by me) . I used part whole wheat flour and part oat flour (freshly ground on my new mill!) in addition to the white flour. I also added 10 tablespoons of flax seed to give them a more healthy aspect. John's going to be so impressed-I normally DESPISE baking cookies!
The first batch were rather small, thick and rounded. I had rolled all the dough into balls and just set these ones on the cookie sheet without flattening them. The next two dozen I flattened the ball and they are very obviously flatter and more "normal" looking:
The "good" cookies are the ones on the right, in case you couldn't tell!
No comments:
Post a Comment