Friday, March 16, 2012

Tomorrow

I am now co-chair of the Booster Club at Bethany Charter. That's what they call their PTA/PTO I guess. Fun times. I don't know what I was thinking. Well, actually I know I wasn't expecting to be doing it until October, and taking this year to shadow and train...until that person quit with no notice last month. Nice.

Tomorrow is the carnival. This is the school's second largest fundraiser. Until this year it was the largest but the auction I helped with in November went from typically being a $2,500-3,500 deal to bringing in $19,000 gross-$15,000 net! We did a great job. And so far the raffle portion of our carnival alone has brought in more than the whole night did last year so while we know it'll be a bigger moneymaker than before, no way will it top the auction.

Anyhow, I've been mostly in charge of the raffle and all the tickets for it and also decorations and portions of the games. I hope it turns out well tomorrow. It has been a frustrating experience for the committee in a few areas which is to be expected, so hopefully our hard work pays off!

Tonight has been a rough night. I keep finding ants all over the place. Just random ones. No trail or way to figure out where. The living room floor had two. Keira's lunch box had one in it after being on the counter for a few minutes. One on the wall near the back door. I hate ants. They give me irrational anxiety which is so not what I need right now.

I finally buckled down to make eight dozen cowpie cookies for tomorrow. Made a trip to the store just for peanut butter. I have no cocoa powder. I need two cups. Nice.

I told my brother I could use my Silhouette I cut some vinyl for his amps. He sold one and needed some cut. First time using it for vinyl. Three hours later I want to throw it through the window. It pulls up the vinyl and makes a mess every time no matter what changes I make to the settings. So now I feel like a moron for telling him I could do it when apparently I'm inept. So I'll just go ahead and let him down.

Did I mention tomorrow is one year since my water broke with Malcolm? I'm feeling awesome about that.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of you just the other day, knowing it must be near the time when your water broke.
    :( I'm sorry that you have to have such rough days, as always I wish there was something I could do to help make it go away!

    I'm sure that the carnival was awesome, they are lucky to have you helping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking, too, it's close to the year mark with Malcom. Give me a call this week if you're up for it, or I'll try to call you, and you can ignore me if you're not up for talking. I will call back! Love you! I hope it went well tonight!

    ReplyDelete