Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Yummy!

Tonight the plan was to grill turkey burgers for the girls and tenderloin steak for John and me. Then it started pouring and I'm just not that hard core of a griller.

So I got a pan hot and went to town. The girls gobbled their burgers (get it? Gobbled their turkey burgers. Gobbled. Hehe) and then Keira ate half my steak.

For the steak I oiled the pan and sprinkled it with salt and other seasonings. Ok really it was Montreal Steak Seasoning from Costco. I seared both sides and then turned the heat down and cooked it for about four minutes each side. Maybe a bit less. We like it medium rare, on the rare side of that around here. After that my pan was a black wreck. I'm fresh out of white or red wine so I grabbed some home canned apple juice and deglazed the pan and made a reduction sauce to pour over the meat.

OK, now that I look, the picture doesn't look that yummy. But it is, trust me. Keira ate the other half of mine while I was posting this. The kid is a carnivoric nut. And no, that is probably not a real word.

Now if only my spinach wasn't slimy...

No comments:

Post a Comment