Do you remember about 5 months ago when I mentioned trying my hand at spinning...and failing miserably? I really never thought at that point I would get beyond that. Never thought I'd try again let alone make it through a class. Never thought I would go one Saturday in January and walk out looking like this:
![]() |
| Note the lovely purple hue to my red face. |
Nor did I ever think that after walking out looking like that would I realize how GOOD I felt! So I went to the next class on a Tuesday. And the next one on a Thursday and next thing I knew I was realizing I'm not turning purple anymore! Sweating? Absolutely (thanks, Dad). The classes just really supercharged my day!
So today I John bought me something new to help maximize my efforts. I'm calling it my Valentine's Day present, even though he didn't get anything near as awesome from me!
I think they're sexy. John agrees. And I hear they'll help my rear become a bit shaplier, too. And let's face it-I have a wide, flat butt so that can only be a good thing for me!
So the crazy part? I'm trying to bump myself up from 3 days of spinning to 5 days a week.
Monday 5:30pm
Tuesday 5:30am
Wednesday 5:30pm
Thursday 5:30am
Saturday 8am
This means Nana and Papa are seeing a lot of the girls seeing as how the gym is in Silverton. No way could I make the early morning classes and then back to Salem to get them ready for school and then back out to Silverton for them to get to school. I have such great parents to help me out and let us crash there!
So far...no weight loss. I'm trying to be ok with that *breathe*breathe*. Trying. In fact, I have gained 2 pounds. Yeah. BUT I have lost almost 6 inches since starting the spinning. That's great. But I really want the number on the scale to move down. I have this stupid weird obsession with not ever weighing more than John, if I can help it. I'm not comfortable with the measly 30 pound buffer I've got going on right now. He's lost 20 pounds in the last 35 days...and I've lost zip. But it's not about the scale *breathe*breathe* I just have to keep telling myself that!
Tonight we started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. My goal is to do it every day-during the mornings of my evening spin days and during the evening if it's a morning spin day. We'll see how that goes. It might be too lofty, knowing myself as well as I do!
Ok, that's about it. Just wanted to give a quick update on what's going on in the life of Tif. Oh, I'm also planning to do a Sprint Triathlon in the late summer. If my hip decides it'll let me run 5k without freaking out!

That is awesome Tif, 6 inches is a lot! You can do it! You can do it! Whenever I feel like my body has plateaued and I'm not losing weight no matter what that is when I add or change something to my exercise routine or diet. I think doing the 30 day shed will be good for you, you don't want to do just one type of exercise. Keep going, the best thing is that you are feeling great and you are working hard...that is better than most people can say about themselves!!
ReplyDeleteA
i agree, those shoes are super cute and YAY for being butt-shaping! i love that our current obsessions are related!
ReplyDeleteThat's so fun! My friend who I go to spin with says they make a huge difference, you'll have to tell us. And I bet the weight will start coming, especially if you've already lost the inches. It's probably turning into muscle first and that's why you haven't lost any weight yet.
ReplyDeleteThis made me laugh at the part about weighing less than your husband. I have always had the same goal and since you know Jeff, you know what I'm talking about! It can be really difficult!!! Guys metabolism is so not fair!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are feeling so good. Exercise is really amazing all the way around. I need to make some exercise goals. I always put it last but when I make it a priority I am so much happier (so is everyone around me!)
Good for you! Where are you doing a triathalon at? I had wanted to do WOU's in May, but I don't think it's going to happen, I would love to do one in the Summer...
ReplyDelete