Today has been a good day. John and I have decided the emotional build up to these days can often be worse than the actual day. We had a relaxing morning and got all the condo registration done-we got here late last night after the office closed. The girls went to church with Beau and Joanne and then got to paint wooden JD equipment from Beau's work. I better not let them bring them to work-green tractors are not allowed!
When we got back to Rexburg to get the girls I drove John around the school and pointed out where I lived, what buildings are new, etc. I don't think he cared all that much, but I liked sharing that small time of my life with him. Then we went to a park and set watching the ducks and making out like college kids. Ok, not really. We actually sat and mocked them
It was nice to spend the few peaceful minutes and talk about what we see the future holding for us, rather than dwelling on the sadness in our past.
We were able to find some awesome deals on snow bibs and boots for the girls and boots for John so of course the girls had to try them out first thing. They are like little penguins on their bellies sliding down the hills! John thinks they'll be ready for their fort ski trip next winter!
Mom and Dad were lovely-as usual-and took bright cheerful daffodils to the cemetery for us. Thanks!
And now John has our gluten free cheesey potato soup done, so time to eat!




I'm glad you are getting some snow! I hate that you have so many remembering days, but I'm glad you and John were able to have some quiet moments.
ReplyDeletefirstly, when did the girls grow up so much?! they seriously look like big girls in those pics! i'm glad you have amazing parents to go visit malcolm's resting place for you today, and that you guys were able to have a fun and peaceful day today. love you!!
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about you lots lately and since we finally got a computer back I can now check in! So sorry you have so many remembering days, but so glad you got to get away as a family and have some fun. You definitely deserve it!! Hope you guys have a great trip and enjoy your together time.
ReplyDelete