Monday, May 16, 2011

Finishing off some Projects

 

 

 

I've been busy making these car organizer bags! I bought the pattern (yes...pattern. Have I mentioned that traditionally I HATE patterns???) 2+ years ago, and even some fabric specifically for it (the road trip fabric in the 2nd bag up there). I love them! I made one for Mom for Mothers' Day that is more of a bag-it has a gusseted bottom so it actually has some depth-that can hang over the headrest of the front seat to hold all your stuff for errands. These ones are for the girls to use on the seat in front of them. There is a water bottle pocket, pockets for color books, toys, blankies, etc. They're pretty excited to use them on our upcoming roadtrip to California!


 

 


My other latest project has been these skirts. Mom brought home this "fairy" skirt from Holland that was essentially two large squares of fabric with the top one a 45 degree turn in relation to the bottom one. This puts the points each individually at their own spot (hence the fairy term the girls have used for them). These skirts are AWESOME for twirling! I also made head scarves out of scraps because they both really love having matching head pieces...and it makes the early mornings before school easy, especially if we're having a particularly bad hair day :)

3 comments:

  1. Those projects are awesome. I totally want to make trip bags now for our summer trips...what a great idea!!! You are brillant. Love the skirts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you get the pattern for the car organizer's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! Love it. Was it hard to make?

    ReplyDelete