Sunday, May 15, 2011

6!





 

 

 

 

 


I give up. These pictures are all over the place-I am NOT a fan of Blogger's picture uploader! Any tips?

This post has taken me days and days to get done thanks to Blogger's apparent outage earlier this week.  And I've been sick and just lazy :)

So, Keira is 6 now!!!  She has gotten so grown up!  I think from the very start you can see the little attitude in this kid! And talk about a "sense" of style! Not necessarily a matchy-matchy style, but you have got to admit she has a look all her own!

She is so smart. Like a sponge, ready and wanting to learn anything anyone will teach her (this can be a good or a bad thing!) I have been told that she is at the top of her class academically! John and I are trying really hard to not let that go to our heads ;)

Keira sings and dances all day long. It looks like she is going to even get to go to a week long dance camp this summer!  What a lucky girl!

Keira has lost 2 teeth this year and is very proud of them. She is quite vain about her hair-but I must admit she has very beautiful brown waves. I'm sort of jealous of her hair!

On Friday there was a walk-a-thon at Bethany Charter School. Each class was given 30 minutes to do their laps on the 1/8m track. Keira went into it with the very ambitious goal of 30 laps (that would have been 3.75 miles!) and she practiced her running during recess all week. She's pretty proud of the 17 laps she ended up doing. She wasn't really sure how far that was until I put it into the perspective that it was as if she ran from our house to the corner where her dad catches the bus, and then back again. That really impressed her with herself!

Keira has been such a delight for John and I to parent. She definitely has her moments of being a handful, but she more than makes up for it the rest of the times.  She is so easy to teach-as long as she and I are both in the right moods-and I truly feel lucky to be her mother. This summer we're going to work on math, and hopefully I'll get my act together and get her started on the piano, too!

1 comment:

  1. It was SO SO SO SO great to see you this past week. I've missed you so much. Thanks for being such a good friend.

    Keira is so big and grown up and beautiful. I loved hearing her quietly sing as she was playing the "piano" at Nana Heidi's house.

    ReplyDelete