Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tonight can't come soon enough!


John is supposed to show up here at Mom and Dad's with one of these for me. Preferably medium and not tiny, small or large. (do you think he's going to read this today?**) I might even have him get me one tomorrow night. And Saturday, too!


On Tuesday I had an appointment up in Portland. It's the first one John has taken time off work to come to. So funny how different that is from our first. With Keira he came to literally every appointment with me. He was in school and later in school and interning so it was pretty easy for me to schedule appointments around his classes. With Scharae he came to the first one-dating ultrasound-and the 20 weeks one-anatomy scan-and then after we found out my cervix wasn't behaving I think he tried to come to all of them, to at least wrangle Keira while I was having the appointment.  With Taela I think he came to 3 or 4. Maybe 2 with Aiyana. And then this time he's been to 1. And I think that'll be all he's at unless for some reason I think it'll be an exciting appointment. It's not that the wonder and excitement isn't there after the first. Ok, actually I do think that's part of it. But having to take precious vacation time that he won't then have later when we need it definitely plays a huge part in it all!

So at the appointment He-Man was measuring 97-99% (the 99% being his tummy and head...I might just be happy I'm having a c-section if he goes to term!) across the board. The only measurement that wasn't 10-14 days ahead of schedule was the cerebellum. That was showing maybe 4-6 days ahead, so still within the realm of an accurate measurement.  I was thinking that my doctor would go ahead and change the date up a week based on the new average...nope. She made me do the gestational diabetes test which they don't typically do until 24-28 weeks. 

I guess that in babies that measure large due to GD or tiny due to IUGR (growth restriction) the cerebellum will still measure pretty much spot-on. It doesn't seem to fluctuate with the overall size of the baby so she was really expecting me to fail the GD test, even though the highest I've ever scored on it is 107 (she uses 130 as her cut-off). My mom had 4 babies with no GD and then ended up having it with Erik. I guess the more pregnancies you have the higher your chances are to develop GD.

The good news-and the reason I will be gorging myself on blizzards-is that I not only passed it, I ACED it!  I scored a whopping 65 on it!!!  Not my lowest ever, but definitely plenty low. So bring on the blizzards!

I've been feeling like I am about as big as I ever got with Aiyana and sort of feeling depressed by that. I weighed a little bit more going into things this time, and I haven't gained but 5 or 6 pounds, but I've just been feeling huge.  Well, He-Man looks to be weighing 10oz right now. Aiyana weighed 12oz when she was born at almost 4 weeks farther along!  No wonder I'm looking to be about as big! I've never had a baby measuring big before. Scharae was decent sized for 35 weeks-she was 6lb 15oz-but still not big by any stretch of the words! This might be a new and exciting experience!

**I didn't really know that John knew I blogged. I'm glad I've not really ever gone into any kind of negative vent on here about him! I don't have that much to vent about to be honest, but still I'm glad he didn't get on here and read anything that would make him sad. He only uses IE and I pretty much only use Firefox unless I'm working-FF doesn't support my programs for work-but I guess he opened up FF on his laptop(MY backup that he has claimed as his even though he has one just as new...oh wait, it's all the way across the bedroom hooked up to the TV for watching Hulu) and I have my blog dashboard link thing saved as a bookmark on there. So...if you seen any weird and bizarre posts on here, be warned that they're by him, and not me! 



1 comment:

  1. UMM...that looks amazing. Hope you totally enjoyed you treat. I might have to try one of those some day soon.
    Glad to hear things seem to be going well for little He-man. We like it when they weigh more...especially if they come early. Clark alway measured big and I had Dr. Cook riding my butt about eat right and keep checking to see if GD was there..etc when I really was being good about not eating tons or whatever. I just gained a lot with him...turned out to be a good thing he was measuring big, so we'll take it as a good sign. No fun for Mom though!

    ReplyDelete