Thursday, March 17, 2011

I tried

I tried to get a decent picture of my "putting on a brave face" smile just now. But somehow it didn't seem to be happening.

Oh yeah. It's because I don't have a brave face right now. And basically all the pictures I took with my phone are horrible looking. You know, puffy red eyes, uncombed hair, no makeup, let alone moisturizer because I literally got out of the shower, my water broke and I threw on clothes and left for the hospital.
I think most people who read my blog know by now, but just in case you don't, and you aren't on my facebook, or other social networking avenues (because I am oh-so-very social...) yes, my water has broke. Early. Really early.

I don't know what happened. I had a pretty big bleed on Tuesday but by the time I made it up to Portland for my appointment it had tapered off...but you can read all about that in an earlier post if you want.  Things looked as good as they could look according to my doctor.  I made a point of asking her if I had more bleeds-not hemorrhaging, just bleeding-or if my water broke could I skip the Salem hospital and just come straight up here to the one she works out of. She basically said unless I was bleeding to death or in an obvious labor pattern she was more than fine with me coming up here if I felt like I could tolerate the drive.
So I showered this morning. Thought about shaving my legs but then decided I could do it tomorrow. I have a cold and was just feeling like crap and wanted to crawl back into bed. I should have shaved those legs. They need it.

When I was getting dressed I bent over to pick up my clothes off the floor and felt like I'd pee'd myself. Grabbed a towel to clean up and out came more. And more.  So I finished dressing and called the doctor to let them know I was heading up to the hospital. No contractions. No cramping-not even what has become my normal/baseline. I do feel like I've been doing a ton of sit ups but I figured that was just my muscles. My doctor things it's my uterus being sore, but doesn't really know what it means.
6 hours after getting up here I finally got moved from triage to my room. I'm on Zithromycin in the IV once a day for 2 days and Ampicilin every 6 hours in the IV for 2 days. And then...I guess I go home?  Yikes.  My labs looked alright. My white count is slightly elevated, but not out of control. It could just be because of pregnancy, or because of my cold, but it doesn't indicate an infection that we need to worry about. The antibiotics are basically "just in case".  They call them "latent antibiotics", whatever that actually means.

I'm really worried about going home. I hate the idea of going home to wait 3 weeks just to be readmitted. If I last that long. I did tell my doctor that if she sends me home she can expect to hear from me. A lot. Because suddenly every little twinge, and almost-tightening becomes worrisome.  They did decide to leave the cerclage in right now, until (if) it becomes a problem, then it would have to be removed. Right now I'm depending on the cerclage to keep He-Man's little feet up inside me where they belong. I just can't help feeling like IF things go south and I have to deliver, I HAVE GOT to be able to look back and feel like EVERYTHING was done. The last two times I look back and have too many "what-if's" which translate to guilt for me. What if I'd had progesterone injections with Taela? Or a cerclage? What if I'd had a cerclage with Aiyana? Or not been sent home from the hospital while bleeding, only to have my water break the next day? What if I'd pushed harder to have these things NOT happen?  I need to be able to look back and see that everything was done that could be done. And to me, that means staying in the hospital even if all the hospital can do is take my temp and keep me hydrated. Sure, I can do that at home, but...it's not the hospital (sorry Mom!)
So...there's my day. I really did try to get a picture of my game face. My brave face. And if I don't answer a phone call from any of you it's because the little bit of a brave face I have has crumbled at the mere thought of having to try and talk about everything. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing? I can give all my updates and cry all the way through them and no one has to be the wiser!

8 comments:

  1. Tif- It's ok not to have a brace face right now. You soooo diserve to not have to put up a brave face right now. Totally glad you are going with everything and trying to leave the what-if's out, HOPING He-man keeps his little feet in!!!!
    Take care and I know you aren't up for phone calls so I'll leave you alone for awhile, but if you get bored sitting there, I'm always up for a talk!
    Wish I was there to do something, but I'll send prayers that way as well as ((hugs)).
    Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tif, thanks for the update. I will be crossing my fingers and praying that they let you stay in the hospital. And that you make it 3 weeks.
    And, my dear, you are doing, and have done, EVERYTHING that you can. You couldn't have been on bed rest any more. Or talked to your doctor anymore. You are being an advocate for your little guy, just like you are for Scharae and Keira. And I know its the hardest thing in the world when it seems like it just isn't enough. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no one expects a picture of you right now, anyway.we are praying for you and your son. that your leak seals over and that they'll let you check in for the long haul. you are amazing and i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Crap. Crap, crap, crap, CRAP!!! This is NOT what we wanted. I know that certain people have certain proceedures that they have to follow.... but don't they KNOW!! UGH. OK, game face on.... How's your PMA? Boy are we enthusiastic!! I love you... You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tif, I think you are incredibly brave, whether or not you feel like you have a 'brave face.' I can't imagine doing everything you have done to give that little guy the best chance possible. You have done so much for him already,you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are braver than most, but a "brave face" is not expected at this time. You are an AWESOME mother, and you have been fighting the good and best fight for EACH of your children! He-man knows that too, and maybe this will be the first of many surprises and worries he gives you for a long time to come BECAUSE of your efforts and faith! Hang in there- you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there sweetie pie. No one thinks you need to put on a brave face. Go ahead and put on your puffy dry face. :) Thinking of you and praying for you that things will work out. Miracles happen every day. You deserve at least one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe what you have been through. Your strength amazes me. We are praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete