That picture I took of my neck looking so great yesterday morning...yeah, spoke too soon! Yesterday evening it started really getting tender/throbbing. And this morning the top part of it had opened up and decided to ooze pus and blood. And then the bottom part. At least the middle is still intact, I guess...
The on-call dermatologist said it must have a slight infection and called in a prescription for it. She told me to cover it and heat pack it, so that's what I've been doing. They won't try to reclose it but will want to take a look at the scar in a month or so to decide if it needs to be "adjusted" based on how it heals I guess.
So John took the girls to church by himself today. I think this is the first time in a very long time he's done that. Oh, and did I mention that I was supposed to give a talk today? Scharae was insanely upset about going to church without me and wanted to stay home. I probably would have told him to just leave her if it weren't for the fact that the primary program is next week and they needed to practice today. So he took her, melting down, and left. I got a call about 15 minutes after church had started-they still hadn't gone in and she was still shrieking in the car. I convinced her to ask him to help her find Sister Fraser and maybe she would hold Scharae and rock her like mommy would do. Must have worked because John was able to deliver my talk (I had it all written out so it worked out perfectly) without worrying about the girls. Thank goodness for wonderful friends at church!
John swears he didn't editorialize my talk. But if it was any good I'm sure he must have. It was on Strength from Weaknesses (Ether 12:27 I think was the reference I was given) and it was supposed to be 20 minutes long. High Council Sunday so only one other speaker. Usually I don't worry too much about how short my talks end up being because John follows and could easily take up 90 minutes if given the chance. I'm sure my written version was nowhere near 20 minutes so he probably really did editorialize, but oh well!
Ok, off to reheat my blue pak thing for neck!
The on-call dermatologist said it must have a slight infection and called in a prescription for it. She told me to cover it and heat pack it, so that's what I've been doing. They won't try to reclose it but will want to take a look at the scar in a month or so to decide if it needs to be "adjusted" based on how it heals I guess.
So John took the girls to church by himself today. I think this is the first time in a very long time he's done that. Oh, and did I mention that I was supposed to give a talk today? Scharae was insanely upset about going to church without me and wanted to stay home. I probably would have told him to just leave her if it weren't for the fact that the primary program is next week and they needed to practice today. So he took her, melting down, and left. I got a call about 15 minutes after church had started-they still hadn't gone in and she was still shrieking in the car. I convinced her to ask him to help her find Sister Fraser and maybe she would hold Scharae and rock her like mommy would do. Must have worked because John was able to deliver my talk (I had it all written out so it worked out perfectly) without worrying about the girls. Thank goodness for wonderful friends at church!
John swears he didn't editorialize my talk. But if it was any good I'm sure he must have. It was on Strength from Weaknesses (Ether 12:27 I think was the reference I was given) and it was supposed to be 20 minutes long. High Council Sunday so only one other speaker. Usually I don't worry too much about how short my talks end up being because John follows and could easily take up 90 minutes if given the chance. I'm sure my written version was nowhere near 20 minutes so he probably really did editorialize, but oh well!
Ok, off to reheat my blue pak thing for neck!
Sorry to read about your wound opening up. Hopefully it heals normally.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your neck! When John gave his talk, I thought "I wonder if she was just tired this morning, or if something happenend, because your previous blog was so positive. I'm so sorry to hear all that happened! Ouchy. John did a good job on the talk. And your girls were doing great, they sat in front of us. hope you feel better...
ReplyDeleteI was so excited to hear that things were looking good after your little surgery and then came home after church to tell you so only to see that today hasn't been so great. :( Hope it heals soon and that you start feeling better soon. Wish I was there so I could bring you over some Costco chocolate cake...not on Sunday of course...:,...I'll just owe you one.
ReplyDeletePlus, I do like your idea of the John reading your talk for you. Maybe I can get Brian to read mine next week and give his too?! Probably not, but I like the thought.
Love you.
No I do not have texting, so don't text me! tomorrow is school, and I will give you a call tomorrow afterwards-
ReplyDeleteHow is it doing now?
ReplyDelete