Picnics at the mall...healthy picnics packed in picnic baskets from Holland! (yes...that is spaghetti noodles, plain, in the baggies for their main course. Like I said-simple pleasure!)
Escalators!!! They're hours of fun....like 3 hours of fun!
Ok, I confess this picture is actually from November (yeah-not the first time we've gone to the mall JUST for the escalators! I never got a picture of yesterday's trip, though!)
Ok, I confess this picture is actually from November (yeah-not the first time we've gone to the mall JUST for the escalators! I never got a picture of yesterday's trip, though!)
Rocky Mountain Candy Co. treats! These little ice cream cones filled with chocolate, topped with a marshmallow and dipped in chocolate (or peanut butter white chocolate in Scharae's case) were a totally cheap treat. And put them into a sugar coma I think! They don't get stuff like this all that often!
Is this not to die for??? Homemade caramel on a stick, dipped in chocolate, rolled in mini M&Ms!!! And it was ALL MINE. Ok, so I shared the M&Ms that fell off. And each of the girls licked the caramel-they didn't want a bite, just a taste!
OGRE ALERT. I did not wamt to put this one in but Scharae took it and was so proud of herself. Double chins, Alcorn nose and all. She's quite the budding photographer...
We finished off the day with playing on the poor excuse for a mall play area-the only one in Salem. These are coin-operated vehicles but the girls can play for upwards of an hour on them without ever asking for them to turn on! As long as no other kids are around...we had to leave when some others showed up.
All in all-great day filled with simple pleasures! And all for under $5 AND we kept dry out of the rain!
All in all-great day filled with simple pleasures! And all for under $5 AND we kept dry out of the rain!
What a fun day! I really want some caramel on a stick now.
ReplyDeletei think i'll take your blog as advice and have an next to free outing this week! i can't believe your girls can still wear those totally cute little dresses! it's been a long time that they've had them, hasn't it?! jax is WELL into a size 6, and he's not slowing down any!!!!
ReplyDelete