My big hang up I think is the hemline. I have it shirred on the sides. The shape of the hem is a curve and I didn't realize how much pulling it up on the sides would make the curve dip down in the front and back even more. I'm posting a picture of a center smaller shirring sort of mocked up with pins. John doesn't like it. I'm not sure how I feel about it. He thinks if the dress isn't so long that it's dragging on the floor, then it's fine to have the hem dip down like that...I'm incline to agree, but wanted some more thoughts! We're almost thinking doing the front and back will give it a bridesmaid look, or something...just not quite what I'm looking for? I dunno...I'm open to some thoughts and criticism, though! Oh yeah, and it's not done-I need to run elastic through the neckline to pull it together...or else it'll be the lovely off-the-shoulder look that Scharae adores!


The shirring:

Here you can kind of see how the front/back middle are going to dip down beyond the length that the sides are at:
But maybe this one shows it better? Or am I just being anal?
And this is with a sort of smaller shirring in the front-I'd also do one in the back.
I think the dress is adorable!!! Seriously, when did you become so domestic!! I like it w/ the shirring just on the sides too. I'm so impressed.
ReplyDeleteI agree on the sides is the best.
ReplyDeleteI know I'm a little late, but I like the sides! Can't wait to see it modeled.
ReplyDelete