The Scene: Sunday Dinner
The Intended Place: Our House
The Menu: Potato Noodle Soup
So, I decided I was going to make the noodles for the potato noodle soup on Sunday since neither mom nor I had premade noodles. No problem, right? I used to do that with Grandma, they always turned out fine. Thicker than mom's done with the noodle machine, but still delicious.
I decided to use a whole wheat pasta herb recipe. Just trying to get some goodness in there where I could. That went fine, got it all mixed up, let the dough "rest" like my handy pasta book (thank you, Yaya) said to. Went and started rolling it out. I started by just halving the dough like I normally would...and, um...yeah. Here's how my tapeworms, I mean noodles, turned out:


As I went along I got a little better and realized I had to really really use tiny amounts of dough to get it thin enough to not have the noodles be tape worms. But by then...it was a lost cause. So my potato soup turned out to be tapeworm soup (Nat, I'm sure your soup today will be MUCH better ;)
It tasted delicious, though! Oh, and I didn't have to subject anyone to it because the weather took a nasty turn and no one decided to venture over to our house afterall!
The Intended Place: Our House
The Menu: Potato Noodle Soup
So, I decided I was going to make the noodles for the potato noodle soup on Sunday since neither mom nor I had premade noodles. No problem, right? I used to do that with Grandma, they always turned out fine. Thicker than mom's done with the noodle machine, but still delicious.
I decided to use a whole wheat pasta herb recipe. Just trying to get some goodness in there where I could. That went fine, got it all mixed up, let the dough "rest" like my handy pasta book (thank you, Yaya) said to. Went and started rolling it out. I started by just halving the dough like I normally would...and, um...yeah. Here's how my tapeworms, I mean noodles, turned out:
As I went along I got a little better and realized I had to really really use tiny amounts of dough to get it thin enough to not have the noodles be tape worms. But by then...it was a lost cause. So my potato soup turned out to be tapeworm soup (Nat, I'm sure your soup today will be MUCH better ;)
It tasted delicious, though! Oh, and I didn't have to subject anyone to it because the weather took a nasty turn and no one decided to venture over to our house afterall!
They look great! Ok, I'm just being nice, but they probably did taste good. Um, I want chiken noodle soup.
ReplyDelete