Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Snow Cream


Last night the girls and I made "Snow Cream" while Daddy made Chicken enchiladas. They had a blast helping me scoop snow into the bowl with their serving spoons...until the MailMan showed up and Keira FREAKED out-she was convinced he was going to stuff her into the mailboxes or something like that, I couldn't quite understand what she was screaming and crying! Anyhow, we took the snow inside and poured blackberry syrup on top and the girls seriously polished off the entire silver bowl full-and STILL ate their entire enchilada and drank a huge mug of hot cocoa before bed!

Below, on the left is our recycle bin. That's how thick the little bit of snow we had, and then the lotsa bit of freezing rain on top of it is. On the right is the yardwaste bin-it's the full monte. Snow, ice, and more snow. And actually I took that picture before it was done snowing yesterday-and we're supposed to possibly be getting 1-3 more inches tomorrow! So much for Salem not getting stick-around-snow! Maybe we don't have to move east to Portland Maine, afterall!

The clothes line in the backyard...that should have been taken down MONTHS ago! It'd a huge thick rope of ice now! Oh, and our backyard has inherited a few more trees. As in it has trees now. Whereas before it had none. We're planning to toss them back over the neighbor's fence during the night sometime soon since it was their stupid willow that dropped them there. And actually one of the huge limbs was lucky to not land on our house! Pappy says he'll come cut that one up and toss it over piece by piece....



1 comment:

  1. this snow cream reminded me of when I was hugo prego with Lily and I craved chewing ice SOOOO bad so I substituted ice with snow. I ate probably 10 glass fulls of snow a day:) Good thing we lived in Rexburg!


    Chad goes back to school in a week and a half, lets get together after that! play date for sure. I could make lunch?

    ReplyDelete