Friday, September 19, 2008

Oh My!

Most of y'all know this, but some might not. My mom is a dog breeder. Oh yeah, if you've read my Tulips post you know that. Anyhow, she breeds labradoodles. Right now she's in Holland (and can I just say I'm glad she's getting all the customs quirks worked out BEFORE I go with her the weekend after next!).

John has been a notorious dog hater. He's never had a dog, so I guess that's been a huge reason for it. Anyhow, about 2 weeks ago he told me he really really like mom's dog Oh My and that we could get a dog her size. Mom's always looking to "guardian home" her dogs so we jumped all over that. We just need to get a few backyard details fixed to be ready for her.

So mom's out of town, dad jantily headed over to Kuna, ID to visit with the Kari-Cori's and that left mom's friend Brenda and her two kids with the 40-11 dogs at mom's place. I decided it was the perfect time to do a trial run with Oh My.

The girls and I went out and picked her up this evening and can I just say they are infatuated! Scharae's been real weird about dogs/cats/humans lately so I was a bit nervous. But I truly believe there's a reason that dogs (labradoodles specifically) are so often used as comfort-therapy dogs! She toook a bath with the girls (and then they took another bath alone to get all un-dogified), ate dinner next to them, laid in their beds briefly with each of them before bed, and we haven't heard a peep from them! Usually bedtime, while they don't cry or anything, takes at least 2 hours before they quit talking and laughing, occasionally arguing. But tonight they just crashed.

And John's been cuddling with her. And she's just great and fine with curling up in a ball on the floor.

And she's just cute. Oh, and the neighbor kids are all in love with her. I don't think there's any other dogs in our cul-de-sac!

Here's a picture from mom's website:

In all reality, I've never though of myself as a small lap-sized dog person. I actually love standard Labradoodles. But baby steps, right? Once Jack's ok with Oh My, and we have a larger house/yard, maybe I can guardian one of mom's other larger dogs!




1 comment:

  1. Hey Tiffany! I haven't checked your blog in a while and my have you been busy! I loved see all of the pictures of the girls. I can't believe you have a daughter in school! I remember when you had her, it just doesn't seem possible for her to be that big already! They look like sweet little girls. I especially loved the princesses. =) I'm glad you guys are doing good. If you are ever going to be in Seattle, let us know and we'll have you over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete