Monday, September 8, 2008

Keira's First Day of School!

Bed-head in the morning (that mess on their plates is Eggs in a Hole, all cut up):



All purtied up:

Photobucket
Photobucket

I wanted to have cowboy boots for this outfit, but she insisted on her new Thomas shoes:
Photobucket

To go with the Thomas Backpack:
Photobucket

Getting ready to leave sister:
Photobucket

Walking to the corner:
Photobucket

Waving to the bus:
Photobucket

Buckled on the bus:
Photobucket

A little boy that insisted I take his picture too-Carlos, he's in her class and the only person she's talked about so far:
Photobucket

Getting off the bus at school:
Photobucket

I didn't get any pictures AT school..sort of felt stupid for being there because I had to practically force the teacher to come introduce herself to me and no other moms were there-Keira's the first one to not have been in preschool there last year.

Tired after a day at school:
Photobucket

Eating lunch-apple/banana kabobs!
Photobucket

So I'm a little perturbed by MY experience with her first day. I'd like to know how she did, what went on, etc. I sent her with a notebook in her backpack, with a note to the teacher introducing myself and just asking if she could keep in close contact with me so I could know on some things to work on with Keira at home. She came home and had a page she'd colored in there...but no response in the notebook. And I know she read it because Keira told me that her teacher had taken it to read. Maybe the only communicate once a week? I don't know. All I know is she came home and told me she had fun, but that she cried (I'd love to hear from the teacher on when, how long/short it was, etc!) and her lip was all bloody.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, she is so big. I'm sad she had a bloody lip. I would call her teacher. Maybe, or I would call you and ask if I should call the teacher... She looks cute though, isn't that what really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is cute. She had a good time, I think. The bloody lip...I figured out after washing it all off that she was literally chewing her lip. When she's a little uncomfortable she sticks her thumb up against her bottom lip. A little more agitated and she rubs her bottom lip. A little more and she will pick at her top lip (right in the middle where skin sometimes hangs down, ya know?) and then the next step, when she's really really agitated she actually chews her bottom lip as if it's numbed up with novacaine! So I guess that tells me how nervous she was...we'll see how tomorrow goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she's already old enough for school! Time flies!

    That picture of her walking down the sidewalk is so PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First day of school how freaky. Not for her but for you. I'm terrified of that day with Allen. I'm pretty sure I will be one of those parents that the teacher wishes would just go home already. You are much braver then me.
    Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agh! I can't believe she's old enough for this! Wow. They say "the hardest part of love is letting go." I can't imagine letting your kid go off to school... ROUGH. Hope she is enjoying it though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so the park is bush park, do you know where the big stadium (Willamette's) is? cause thats where the park is. its huge, two play grounds and trails all over. you girls would totally love it! and count me in for the kid place, sounds ideal

    ReplyDelete